Sign in to follow this  
marf497

MFA outside temperature

Hi looking for a bit of help my MFA has stopped giving the outside temperature it just skips by it. A couple of months ago it would give me the reading when I first started the car then after a couple of minutes it would skip by it. I removed the sensor and measured it with my multimeter when the temperature of the sensor varies the resistance varies hot lower resistance cold higher resistance varied from 300-3000 ohms (put it in a warm oven and into the fridge) So I think the sensor is ok. the wiring looks ok from the sensor to the loom. Does anyone know what else it could be or if my sensor is knackered should the resistance be differen't? Cheers for any advice in advance.

Mark.

have you tried cleaning the connector on the sensor and the plug where it goes that was the cause of my problems

The connector & pins are ok i nicked the wires next to the air filter and measured the resistance from there and its the same as the sensor itself getting around about 6.5k ohms this morning don't know if this is the right sort of meausurement its a couple of degrees outside. Not sure if the sensor is knackered but the resistance of the sensor varies with temperature.