Sign in to follow this  
waynos

my water pump failed today!

set off to work around 6.45am got about 10 mins into my drive and heard a water pump squeel for like a second or so. I actually thought it was the car behind... Any way i carried on and approached a turn onto a small street. After i had turned onto it the squeel came back folllowed by the battery light on the dash coming on. I pulled straight over and popped the bonnet up. To my suprise i see my drive belt not on the alternator.

Got a lift into work Thinking the belt had snapped and got tangled up. Bought a new one to replace it. I went back to the car after work to replace the belt armed with tools etc. struggled to get the power steering pump to budge and gave up in the end. I cut the belt down at the bottom and pulled it up. Yet again to my suprise the belt hadnt snapped...... hmm odd so i went back under the car. Something in my head said check the water pump pulley (dont ask me why!) had a little tug and the whole thing was rocking about! :shock: thing is it wasnt the pulley thats loose its the actual shaft on the pump thats buggered! it was soaking wet too.

Looking back now , ever since i bought the car there was a strange rattle at like 2k revs and i put this down to the supercharger - had that rebuilt and the noise was still there. Im pretty sure this noise was the water pump on its way out!

Had my mate tow me home in the work van ( not fun when you cant see ahead of you)

i suppose the only good thing is that i dont need to replace my radiator which i thought was leaking but i do need to replace the sodding water pump - arse!

nah should have it done on sunday provided im not too hungover from my works xmas party! Ahhhh the joys off corrado ownership

true but that wont stop me, just gives me the chance to be more anal and clean up more bits that i cudnt be bothered to do before haha