drewiee99

G60 2 years on, engine out because i was bored

Drew - you're mad! :nuts:

Ever tried that big hill where they role cheeses down?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hapy new year to you all hope you are all ok, thought i should put some updates on as ive not posted in ages.

First up was getting the rear quarter painted due to my off road anticts with crazy dave 18 months ago, so thats all painted and looking ok. I was board and not happy with the paint on the front bumper so decided to take it off and the scuttle panal to clean behind it. I wish i would of done this when i took the charger off its some much easier to get to things.

Next job to clean and polish all the front support, it was in really good condition so did not have to paint it. just greased all threads and replaced a few bolts polished and waxed it all. I also degreased my intercooler tried to get some bugs and muck washed off. I was just waiting for the front bumber to get back from paint.

Looking good Drew :notworthy: is this in preperation for the show season or is it just that old habits never really die?

Looking good Drew :notworthy: is this in preperation for the show season or is it just that old habits never really die?

I'm just gonna sit quietly in the corner and listen in for the answer :norty:

(Dave, you sussing out the competition for this season?)

:D after seeing both your cars at DG autotech thought i bet to do something, i did this back in nov then couldnt wait to take it for a thrash so went to ross on wye then back through malvern, eneded up doing about 100 miles in the rain.

The rear end is next new aluminum calipers and shocks and bushes, then the paint has got a little orange peel so its going to be flatted 1500,2000 then 3000 to something like the pics of the f430 below.

I'm just gonna sit quietly in the corner and listen in for the answer :norty:

(Dave, you sussing out the competition for this season?)

ahah! thats one less to compete with then, doesnt sound like concours class material :lol: Must be going for a 'special' award :notworthy:

Hi Jude, thinking my priority has changed this year, may come along to the odd event just to make up the numbers but mainly to enjoy the show season :clap: I'll always be out classed :( :brickwall: :pukeright:

Nice Drew. Think I will have to get mine booked in sometime in March for you to strut you stuff on the VRT. How long do you take to do the full works

depends on how good you want the finish normally 1-2 days will be long enough to do a correction detail but if you wanted it flat sanded and polished you would be looking a closer to 4-5 days.

Bruny you think im going to win anything this year i doubt i, your car is very tidy and you have done a really good job. Im chaniging a few things on mine like the rear claipers and the sump the fan etc so its not concours but with oe parts so expensive i got to get a good balance. It will still be tidy with a few mods here and there (you know what im like) and most importantly handle much better and im going to enjoy driving it. The only people who are really going to know its not concours are you, kip, judith and chris gaskell.

WOW indeed.

But no orange peel is not concours for a Corrado :(

pity cause it would be awsome to have paintwork like that 8)

Nice work, Drew! That Phantom door looks feckin amazing! 8)

What products do you use on the engine? Think I'm gonna have to get my manifold/rocker cover shot-blasted...

i got most the parts in the bay shot blasted then lacqured or painted. Here is a few more up dates to keep you lot happy.

Got the rear shocks off today and springs they were shagged no rebound at all just the compression of the springs doing the job. Going to order some bilstiens b4 gas dampers, i really wanted the mono tube dambers but £150 a corner so they will have to wait.

Gave the under arches a quick wipe over going to machine polish them and use G-techniqs c1 crysatal lacquer as its very hydrophobic and will help repell dirt, like the wrc subaru in the pic but im not expecting to pick up that much dirt.

My new rear calipers came to day as well £50 each and you get aluminium calipers 2.5kg each, pads and a new carriers all in. I will be selling these soon i will put a post up in the for sale section if anyone wants any. 2 piece discs on the way soon as well i hope.

Hi Drew, looking good matey and I have the B4's on my 8v and I think they are spot on really for the money. Shame they aren't just a little stiffer but they are pretty good :grin:

Hey up drew hows it going :) I will take some of those shiny calipers of you mate when youv`e got them, Let me know Car looking nice and shiny as usual :) Hope you have cooled down after your run in with the bus driver at the nec on the way home :lol: :lol:

Glad to see you held on to this, it's looking great! I'm not far from you but I've never seen it- hopefully I'll get to some shows this year and have a closer look at a G to put mine to shame :(

Hey up drew hows it going :) I will take some of those shiny calipers of you mate when youv`e got them, Let me know Car looking nice and shiny as usual :) Hope you have cooled down after your run in with the bus driver at the nec on the way home :lol: :lol:

That made me laugh i forgot about that 'what direction do you give way to :censored: ' it took me a while to find petrol i was on the red line driving round solihull. When i found a garage only 1 pump was workng and a woman was filling the tank in her XKR. how the plans coming along for the 16v?

Glad to see you held on to this, it's looking great! I'm not far from you but I've never seen it- hopefully I'll get to some shows this year and have a closer look at a G to put mine to shame :(

Ill be going to a few shows so will be good to see you. I managed to reduce my loan on the car for 6 months hopefully work will pick up and i can keep it. The banks dont want to know ive tried to get a overdraft but 'computer says no'

Incredibly clean car and a real credit to you. Did I see this at GTI International last year?

That made me laugh i forgot about that 'what direction do you give way to :censored: ' it took me a while to find petrol i was on the red line driving round solihull. When i found a garage only 1 pump was workng and a woman was filling the tank in her XKR. how the plans coming along for the 16v?

Ill be going to a few shows so will be good to see you. I managed to reduce my loan on the car for 6 months hopefully work will pick up and i can keep it. The banks dont want to know ive tried to get a overdraft but 'computer says no'

Valvers in bits at the moment drew :) Decided to go down the 2.0 block and gas flowed head route so im just building the engine at the moment and getting all the parts together bit by bit, The heads all built up and im just in the process of cleaning and painting the block then its engine out and clean engine bay and replace any bits that need it like hoses and bits! I should thank you for giving me the kick up the ars i needed to get this little project started after all the piss taking at the nec "you and Dave" :norty: :) It will never look like yours mate bit its a start! Hope work picks up for you mate your corrado is a credit too you and im glad to see you are keeping it now :)