Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richie-poos

steering wheel spline sizes....

Guest Richie-poos

hellllllllllloooooooooooooo!!

got a bit of a beard scratcher on the go that i could do with some help on.. i want to go for an aftermarket wheel on the rado (VR6 1994) cos i dont wanna knacker the immaculate factory one i have to go on.. i have a wheel but need a boss and egay is sayin that there are different size splines.. does anyone know what models of vw are compatable? or even better, a boss?!?!

fanks in advance to all u wonderful helpful people!!

Rich

general there's only two different types.........1. small 2. bigger.....i think most early ones came with a smaller spline, i think yours is bigger as its mark 3 style. ......at the moment my early corrado have a bigger sleeve on it (dont know) but with the right tool this can be pulled off to fit a smaller spline. might even might be the case with yours......take you wheel off and have a look.

bob

Guest Richie-poos

thanks bob. i had the wheel off when i changed the heater matrix 2 weeks ago but didnt remember the size.. the trouble is that im offshore at the mo and i wanted to order it so that when im back it'll be there. never mind, i'll take a 50/50 and see if i get it right!! the bigger one it is....

cheers,

me