Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Name that random VW part!

It's a bit of wire that fits in the early metal rocker covers to prevent reduce the oil being blown into the intake.

Looks to me like the mesh that goes inside the breather outlet on the left hand side of the VR6 rocker cover.... Im probably wrong tho! LOL

For your info mate, that is the breather that the PCV valve connects to :)

Looks to me like the mesh that goes inside the breather outlet on the left hand side of the VR6 rocker cover.... Im probably wrong tho! LOL

Nah, think you're spot on...

For your info mate, that is the breather that the PCV valve connects to :)

PCV valve whats that?

So the copper mesh 'breather' thing fits in the left-hand side of the engine itself, near the top where the plastic cover is? Mine is a 1995 Corrado by the way.

Is it vital? I've not felt the car do anything different :confused4:

If you read your original post, the one you refer to in the top post of this thread you will know what the PCV valve is...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75217

The part you have goes inside the rocker cover, if you look at the back left of the rocker cover you will see a take off that is connected to a breather pipe with a black disk (PCV valve) that then connects to the induction pipe between the throttle body and air filter.

I can only recall seeing the mesh on the metal rocker covers (early rocker covers are metal and late ones are plastic) but I cannot be sure of this.

I cant see it being vital, I would think you will end up with more oil in your induction pipe if you leave it out and it may effect your idle but im sure someone will confirm that for you.