Sign in to follow this  
marf497

Mixture control adjustment fault 2.0 16v

Hi I have the following fault coming up on my 94 2.0l 16v

00587 - mixture control adjustment limit 09-10 - adaptation limit surpassed - intermittent

Car drives ok. Sometimes the revs at idle can go high then drop down to near stalling but then return to normal only lasts about a second or 2. Also sometimes when driving when going easy on the accelerator it will stutter a bit like no fuel but if I put the foot down then no problems. I've had my corrado for about a year and the last service I done I didn't change the plugs (haven't changed them since i've had the car) could this be my problem. I'm going to change them probably at the weekend after Christmas is out the way. Any ideas help would be apreciated.

Cheers.

Mark.

hmm, sounds like the ISV, but i may be wrong i got this problem at the moment with mine, but ive changed all the fueling side, so im putting it down to needing a good setup as i know my CO is way off.....so taking it down stealth. i would recommend a tune mate........and change them god damn plugs!!!! ;) lol happy xmas

I had trouble getting my car to start after a short journey to my local garage this morning luckily outside the garage they reckon its a problem with my ignition not fuel related. It started eventually so I changed the plugs today also took of the ISV and gave it a clean with brake cleaner. Noticed that my HT lead from the ignition coil to the Distributor cap had a couple of marks look like scorch marks so next step will be a new set of leads. The old plugs looked ok they were just normal light brown colour. My car has been ok no problems today. See how it go's but I think new leads at the weekend will be in order.

ok mate, yeh try new leads and while your there change the rotor in the distributor cap, that can wear/burn out...check the dizzy for cracks too... and a general good tune, let us know how u get on mate.

bob

I changed the distributor cap & rotor arm when I serviced it a couple of months ago. Could the ignition coil be on its way out or would it either give a good spark or nothing.

its a possible..if its an ignition problem...check the three wires that go to it aswell.....(connection/erosion ) .....and no harm in checking the rotor arm.......my brothers got a 2.0 16v in his mk1 golf...he sometimes burns these out.(rotor arm)

My car is still playing up after a couple of weeks of it being ok (still haven't changed HT leads been looking for the right ones for the fly lead on one of the leads think Beru are the ones to get) When driving today I done about 30 miles on motorway no problems but when I got to the town I was going to and stopped at a junction the revs died right down and stalled it took a couple about 5 seconds to stall and was really struggling to idle. I tried to restart my car and it started but was like when it stalled after a couple of attempts to start it started and drove fine. I parked up left it for about 1hr then when I started to head home it started no problems but after about 20 miles it lost power a couple of times when I was doing about 50-60mph the revs died down to 0 but the battery light stayed off the dash looked normal no warning lights. When I got home i pulled the plug of the ISV and the revs started to pulse I reconnected it and had to turn of and restart for it to idle normally. If it was an HT lead problem would it be worse when warm ?? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.