Sign in to follow this  
Richie_t

G60 Gearbox 4th gear issue

Hello there

Have a little Issue with my corrado G60's gearbox and Im looking for some hints as to what has gone wrong before I take it out and strip it down and make 1 good box of 2 dud ones.

One night after some rather excited driving it started jamming in 4th (only after hard acceleration), then a couple of days later stopped selecting 4 all together. Well Half selects it. This bit is hard to explain, basicly you can feel the selecter move the synrco hub but not lock in place, how ever even if holding the gear lever back it will cruse in 4th but as soon as any power is allpied the revs climb like a slipping clutch.

Oh and with the selecter cables disconnected and selecting the gears at the box by hand it feels just the same.

Im expecting to find something like a colapsed plunger spring or selecter bush maybe.

Any help and hints will be great tho.

Cheers

Rich

Happy New year

Cheers for the links, be helpful when I forget what goes where!!

I have had some suggestions that its the shift tower support on the underside of the gearbox as the whole box is now all a bit crap. And the selection of 4th is totall random some times fully selectable other time wont even pull back from the middle now.

I Have heard that there are steel replacements avilable does anyone know where from?

With regards to the slipping thing, its basicly jumping out of gear but not full more that the gear was never fully selected.

Cheers

Rich