Sign in to follow this  
be here now

mk2 g60 golf exhaust

hi

i am having trouble fitting my corrado 3in exhaust into a golf mk2 which has had the g60 engine and running gear fitted.

the corrado middle box is far to big to fit and hits in a lot of places.the corrado exhaust is a scorpion stailess steel after market exhaust sytem. can i just change the middle box for a standard corrado middle box? or does anyone know of anything else that would fit.

any help or ideas would be great

thanks.......

Is it really 3"? How about using a system off a Golf 16v? 2.5" systems are fine for G60's

Or you may find an early Miltek exhaust off a G60 will work, the mid box is a lot smaller. The Scorpion one is huuuuge

hi ya its 2.5" sorry sorted the exaust out now got a 16v box but thats not quiet the same as my corrado back box.

so ive wraped a backed bean can round it to seal it up still leaks a bit but ill sort that.

poxy engine is playing up now starts ok soon as it comes off choke it runs realy bad sort of slowly dies.

so u go to rev it an nothing for ages then she revs ok but then dies again .sounds lumpy an back fires now an again.

done my head right in she was running sweet as a nut, any ideas would be great as cant mot it runing like that

an its my only car now

Sounds like the classic blue temp sender problem. Very cheap to check in the sense you can have one from VW for less than £10. Blue sender is the one that sits on the front of the head in the plastic water flange.

cheers for the answer but the poxy thing cured it self the other day very strange

never heard a car run so bad an it cures it self happy days.

but id like to no what it was,just hope it dnt do it again