Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

hottuning coilovers?

alrite guys, just want to know if anyones fitted/brought "hottuning" coilovers off the bay (for ur rado or any dub), lookin for some feed back on them?

as the springs on my rear koni coilovers are on there way out, and ive heard that just new springs will cost more than a hole new set up from "hottuning". and as ive only got around the 200 notes to spend they seem like a beta opion?

cheers dave

All I'll say id you get what you pay for...

Think the one's you'll get are mk2 ones and their spring rates just won't be man enough...

Save up or pay to have the Koni's re-sprung...

well im goin to be lookin to sell early next year so dont have time to save mit have to buy spring/shocks and sell the front koni's to get bk some cash?

I have them fitted to my C, and as said you get what you pay for, but tbh they aren't that bad. I change from std shocks and eibach springs and the difference isn't huge. They were a little bouncy till they settled in but now i'm happy enough with the car lowered for not alot of pounds. I will upgrade to better shocks in the long term, but as a short term solution they are ideal.

Also if they are still offering a nearest offer on ebay, I offered £150 and got them for that .

Ive had them since August. They aint bad to be honest. Everyone says you get what you pay for but i dont know what other coilovers are like as these are my first set. I dont have any complaints about them yet though :)

I've got the hottunning ones on my b3 passat. I found them bouncy to the point where on sections of undulating Dual Carriageway at speed I was worried about bottoming out the sump! They go proper low though!

As for gold plated lowering springs for £1500? I haven't paid that much for a car in 8 years (had about 10 cars in that time).

Nick

Yes the gld plated springs are a complete waste of money and slightly tacky imo.

As for the hottuning coilies, they sound alot like how the V-Maxx coilovers act, very bouncy even on relatively small dips and bumps.

i have these on my mk3 , and well im pretty pleased with them , as said they go down mega low, there not that bouncy once settled and all for under 200 quid , aint that bad is it. oh and the delivery was quick.