Sign in to follow this  
marf497

Rev counter 1994 16v 2l

Hi guys wondering if anyone can help me with this small problem. My rev counter at idle reads about 500rpm but the car is definetley idling a lot highter (sounds normal) when I drive my rev counter always reads lower than they should be this has been like this since I got my car about a year ago. Any ideas would be apreciated I don't know if the clocks are out of a different corrado or even if that would cause the rev counter to always read low.

sounds like sombody has had your clocks apart at one point. If you strip them apart you can take the needle off and put it back on in a higher position. On the g60s i know there is a way of getting the revs to read on digital clock so you may be able to do the same on your and adjust it accordingly

Is that all valvers, i was looking to change to the 8k cluster but thought it was on the early set up?

You've got VR clocks for some reason dude - Valvers should read up to 8k rpm

And that explains the low rpm as it's looking for 6 impulses rather than 4.... so will be 2/3's of actual revs...

my speedo goes upto 160mph and rev counter is 6000 then red line at 6500 and my fuel gauge is 15 gallons.

mate, i have a 9A and my clocks are exactly the same as yours. and mine are defo valver clocks

my speedo goes upto 160mph and rev counter is 6000 then red line at 6500 and my fuel gauge is 15 gallons.

Mine is exactly the same.......2.0 16v 1993..... :shrug:

Got the other problems with my car sorted body work damage repaired like a new car now and my no starting cutting out issues sorted so now back to my rev counter anyone know if I can do any adjustments using Vag-com to get it reading correct

Cheers.

You've got VR clocks for some reason dude - Valvers should read up to 8k rpm

Yup my "Late" (92) Valver's this... 15 gal, 160mph, 8000rpm, redline's about 7k