Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Hello & Gauge Panel

Gareth (crazymarcel) - Have you managed to fit these into your Corrado OK yet?? Those gauges are next on my wish list but I would be happier knowing that they went in OK.

Cheers

Mike

well as they are designed especially for the "later" interior Corrado's they should fit perfectly :wink: ......of course famous last words :wink:

im sure i read somewhere before that the wiring is in fact there, someone dcided to try and unwrap the wiring loom behind the dash, and found everything folded out of the way.

Im not sure how true that is tho....

im sure i read somewhere before that the wiring is in fact there, someone dcided to try and unwrap the wiring loom behind the dash, and found everything folded out of the way.

Im not sure how true that is tho....

I was told that it is a different wiring loom that was fitted at the factory. As there is two part numbers for them because it was an optional extra. But it was VAG that told me so who knows

dubster82

I found the wiring all there wrapped up in the foam, but i have a LHD german G60 so later models or RHD models dont have the same loom. Having said that it looked like the connectors would connect to the Later type panel rather than the one with holes for two VDO units. I didn't install my gauge they were in the car but i did have it all apart one afternoon and found the wires, when i was changine the gauges around. i now have the OEM wires powering the after market voltmeter, the oil pressure i just left in the foam wrapping.

Easy, a feed from the battery for the Voltmeter and a take-off and additional pressure sender from the oil pressure sender (on the oil filter housing) for the pressure guage :lol: All the stuff you need is listed in the original post by CrazyMarcel.

That one on your URL link is just an overlay to replace the original VDO one, you don't actually get the physical guages.

K

Hi All.....

My very first posting! :lol: Have any of you guys ever heard of Road Pilot? Its a cool, but expensive!, speed camara locator. The reason i ask is because it fits nicely in the centre console and looks pretty sweet. Have a look at my pic....(Bearing in mind it can be wired into the cigarette lighter to make it look better)

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/attachments/dscf0261_2.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I've seen Road pilots before (and have considered buying one! ;) ) and that's where I'd have mounted mine too... 8)

Thanks :) I was gonna sell my Road Pilot until i got flashed the other day when i didnt have it in my car for the first time in a long time!! :evil: It cost me £500 and i have to say....although a lot of money....its probably worth it in the end. And...it does look rather nifty in that big hole!

yeah, I've got a cobra laser/radar detector on the top of the dash, and I'm looking at upgrading it (sod it, I've upgraded nearly everything else in the car! :roll: ) and this is one of the things I was looking at... 8)

Well Henny...i'll get a couple more picks to help convince you :) (anyone would think im a salesman for morpheous!)

Hello Jonny,

welcome to the forum, where about's in Norfolk u from?

I like ya camera detector does it detect handheld policeman in a car cameras>?, thinkin it would look better in black though :) are different colours avalible?

(me thinking your a salesman for them)

Salesman?? :idea: If they'd pay me then i might try...hahaha. It is a GPS receiver that has all the waypoints/co-ordinates of speedcamaras and mobile speed camara hotspots in the UK. So it doesnt actually detect them...it just knows where they are with the aid of satelites...pretty clever eh. It also shows you yor exact speed as well....so when your doing 160mph according to yor VR6 speedo...on a German Autobarn while racing (and keeping up with!!!) an audi TT quattro...you know yor actually only doing 155mph :(

I dont think it comes in different colours but it might have changed now as i've had mine for 18months. May a bit of hammerite would do the job though..... :o

hmmmm i like the sounds of that. A wee bit out of my price range at the min though. :(

155mph nice... bet the audi driver was gutted.