Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

R32 BRAKES

Ive managed to accuire a set of EVO 4 Pot brembo calipers and i was going to by a set of 32 discs.

What i would like to know is if anyone has this combo fitted(well a four pot and r32 discs ) and does it fit behind a 17" rim...i know not all wheel will clear but my RC's should be up to the job.

thanks in advance.

theres a guy on ed38 running brembo's and r32 discs, and he needs 12mm spacers to clear the spokes on 17" CH's, with my brembo and 323mm discs theres plenty of room for bigger discs, its just the callipers that are to wide for the RC's due to offsets etc etc

James theres a thread on the uk mkiv's forum where a guy has used some redrilled alfa discs on his diy brembo conversion, from his research they proved to be perfect size and offset together with being reasonably cheap. They offered more clearance than the leon 323 discs due to the offset. Its like a 4 page thread or somesting and has a lot of useful info in it. I'll try and dig it out later if you cant find it.

Cheers Karl,you mean your brembos are to wide or the huge stock r32 calipers?

oh yeh sorry James, i mean the brembos are to wide so i needed 12mm spacers to get the brembo callipers to fit without catching the inside of the RC's.

why dont you just use the 323mm discs mate, they were cheap enough when i bought mine.

karl

do you think from 312 to 323 will make a huge differance? or will the four pot brembo do the talking?

i was talking to karl about this and he said the difference is very noticable - it's all about the 4-pots! :norty:

which 323 discs mate?

Cheers Zak i will have a dig about :wink:

these ones mate http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-R ... 240%3A1318 these are the exact ones i have been using, they are actually made by EBC

or these ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-3 ... 240%3A1318

and as for the above question mate, all i can tell you is the difference between the standard 312,s and running the brembo and 323's is huge, but many people are running 312's with the brembo's and they say they are also fantastic so maybe its just the four pots that make the most improvement.

It is, the LCR is one of the best braked cars Ive ever driven. My S3 also had R32 front brakes/calipers and they were really good as well.

Thanks for all the replys and info folks...think to save on cost i will ltry the calipers on the 312 firts as with the 280 rears that will come at some point and go from there! :salute:

thanks Zak! dont know what to do yet...my mate who works at vw says he can lend me a disc to try on for clearance etc...so im going to try that,if they wont go i will stick with the 312mm.

how big are the evo 8 calipers? you also have to watch for clearance on the other side if the discs offset to far in. Good luck would be nice to see some big brakes behind them open spokes.

how big you ask......big and my main problem is offset of the caliper to wheel... :scratch:

Picture004.jpg

this pic is just to see how it would fit up using the evo 8 disc 330x34mm with a 4mm spacer between the wheel and disc face..it clears but only just! the evo disc has a more offset to the vw discs too and i need to see if it fouls the lower ball joint when on car,if not then i will use them.

Picture007.jpg