Sign in to follow this  
Dave.Warlord

G60 Clutch Dragging

Hi all

Firstly let me apologise if this has been addressed hundreds of times before.

My clutch bite is about 10mm from the floor as the clutch pedal is released. The clutch operates fine and does not slip but its somewhat annoying as if I don't press the clutch down all the way to the tarmac I sometimes crunch gears. I know the clutch is hydrolic so you can't adjust the cable but I just wondered if theres a quick fix without having to change the clutch.

My C has been off the road for 3 years now due to kids and houses and all that but its coming out to play in a month or so. The clutch has been like this since 2002 when I bought it and has never got any worse but as I've been driving a newer car for the last 3 years it just feels odd and I would like to get it sorted.

Cheers

Dave

Just had its second build but its got 140k on the clock and I have no receipts from previous owners to say its been changed so I'll try that first.

Thank you my friend

whats the fluid like? if its all black and horrible could be this, i had real issues with my valver when i first bought it, sturrlged to get gears etc, flushd all the brakes out and cluth out with fresh fluid and its been fine since! 2months and counting mate.

im doing a vr6 conversion soon so i was looking for a cheap fix but this has seemd to cure it,

whats the fluid like? if its all black and horrible could be this, i had real issues with my valver when i first bought it, sturrlged to get gears etc, flushd all the brakes out and cluth out with fresh fluid and its been fine since! 2months and counting mate.

im doing a vr6 conversion soon so i was looking for a cheap fix but this has seemd to cure it,

Soz for the late reply mate. Been in the Garage for.. well feels like forever. Gonna change the slave cylinder anyway as by the looks of it, it was second hand when the car was build in 91...... but passed the mot yesterday (woo hoo) and should be back on the road at the weekend. Gonna run it in after the build then back to the pit to do the slave cylinder and change all the fluids, bushes and bearings. lets hope that solves it. Also noticed tonight the rubber strips in the roof gutter have perished. Its a good job I love that car I tell you