Sign in to follow this  
a98pmalcolm

G60 getting there

Hay guys just giving an update on my G60 progression at jabba. Coz the power had to upgrade from the red top 315cc injectors to the green top 440cc injectors. we got 190 BHP at 200revs and the final stage of the remap will be completed tomoro we looking at 260 - 270 BHP at 1.5 Bar of boost, weres the power graph so far

(note..red lines rep the the old map with 63mm pully numan cam. Blue line rep Piper cam and 50mm pully)

Click on te power graph to make it bigger!

paulmalcolmjl3.th.png

Thanks for looking

Paul

Not really a technical issue, which this area of the forum is used for - why not start a thread in the Members gallery where you can keep updates about your car. It doesn't necessarily mean it's just a gallry of pictures :)

What they setting the rev limit to?

I take it the map is not finished properly as the power tails off steeply @ 5250.

Who is mapping it? Kevin?

cheers bro :) yer is nice to see the good figers coming throgh!

yer kev has been working solid on i for a few days, just little problems on the way, like injectors again, and the injector loom was crumbling away so that had to make one up...But now all sorted, few more tweeks with the mapping and should be ready to pick up friday!

Erm i would have thought the rev limiter will be set around 6000, cant wait till its done! i'll wack up the charts and figers!

Paul

Yea possibly 6k, i always wanted it higher to 7.5k but it would not do it, just out of curiosity do they take you out for a drive when you pick it up and if so who does it? Strange Q i know.

Thats tomorrow, nice 1.

yer its a bummer the VW's dont go that hi in the Rev range! would be insane to get them over 7,5 like u wanted! ermm they always test drive my car after i hear it go off up the road..But they have never personaly taken me out..Isee other customers test drive there cars before paying.

Ihave to admit the customer service and quality of work at Jabba is the best i have seen! iv been to so many motorsport places and every 1 has been great..But theres sumin about Jabba that i feel goes the extra mile for there cutomers! i will only go jabba mainly and my 3 mates garages for little jobs!

Have you had much work by jabba simon?

Paul

If they are mapping the engine they can set the rev limit higher if you want it, although if the power is tailing off there is not much benefit to doing it, mine will go to 7K now but its not been the easiest thing to do on mine and no point in going higher currently.

They always used to take me out in mine and scare me senseless, love it, just ask them, they will not mind.

Your pretty much on your own mate with me regarding the Jabba service alot of people dont like them but myself i have always got on very well with them all.

They have pretty much done all the work on my car mate, all the major stuff, i think they hate my car though lol, just ask them.

Yer im sure kev will map the revs to what is best!

Iv seen a few people say they dont like jabba but didnt say why! TBH its mainly Jabba and G-Workz are there well herd leaders that can do the specialit stuff on the G60's.

I did try G-Workz about 8 months ago or so, i spoke to a real helpful guy called Darren. I explained what i wanted doin and i had Thousands that i wanted to spend with them! I wanted the BBM screw charger, upgrade kit and front mount intercooler! So i awaited a response for a week or so and i didnt hear anything back! i even e-mailed as requested! so i bugged them near on every 2 days just getting through to a guy called Rob. I got told yer, yer, yer Darren will call back! and he never did so i carryed on calling once every few days coz i needed the work coz my charger was about to blow! so after a few weeks of calling i spoke to Rob and he told me "er i dont think those chargers will be available for a few months anyway"

SO...as u can imagine i got pretty anoyed and called the USA my self and never guess what BBM said "yer i got those chargers in the next 2-3 days" so i ordered it, got it 1 -2 weeks later, fitted the dam thing my self and only got to jabba now!

I hear so many good things about G-Workz and my 1st impression of them was great! i understand these guys are busy but all i was asking for was for 15 mins of there time just 2 call BBM, book me in, and get my car done when they have a slot! I was goin to spend £3.5K with them but it felt like they didnt care and just wasnt interested!

Maybe its just me i dunno either was i was so dissopointed :( and it dont matter who the customer is, TBH i was always pretty cool with them not getting back to me! But i still feel it was a lil out of order! Or maybe i got it wrong and there was just a lil confussion, i dunno how there would be a lil confussion, but thats just me sticking up for them on there behalf!

LOL thats a load of typing i did there, sorry to keep goin on there mate, but it just got me a bit when they did that! Pick up the car in an hour! :)

hay bro. only if that was the case! anoying news i sent u an e-mail! the car is way over boosting at hi levels! its trying to go over 1.5 bar so its becoming unstable and not rite! so we have come to a conclusion that were trying a 53mm pully to see if that helps!

Did u ge the e-mail simon?

Paul