Sign in to follow this  
junkie

G60 throttle SORTED

My throttle keeps sticking, i think i have narrowed it down to the actual throttle assembly inside the car.

When you press the pedal its not always springing back, what makes it spring the pedal back?

The wound springs on the throttle body spring it back mate :) :)

Mine was sticky before i ported/polished it, so i sprayed springs with carb cleaner to remove the crap, then oiled em up. Been mint since.

The cable could cause it too, but you shouldn't oil them as they are self lubricating...If you do oil them they will feel great for about 3 days and then be horrid.

Probably worth sticking a new cable on and cleaning/oiling the springs.

Neil. :)

Cheers Neil, when i manually open the throttle from the engine bay it springs back perfectly every time but when doing it by foot on the pedal itself it will not spring back it just moves back very slowly so sounds like a new cable is needed then.

Aye, 95% its the cable then mate 8)

Worth just checking something though first...

Pop the cable off at the pedal (unhook it) and then swing it up and down by hand, just to check that the pedal bush isn't knackered and causing any stiffness.

Neil.

Took all the cable off completely, found where it passes through the 1st grommet on the bulk head/raintray, where the cable passes through the blue grommet/elbow the cable was very slightly frayed, hardly noticeable and only just felt it. Got rid of it so it is not sticking in the cable sleeve and hooked it on the opposite way on the pedal, now on borrowed time.