Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

vr6 ecu, what one?

right been searching for about half hour now in the search and cant find the asnwer im looking for,

can anyne tell me what ecu this is, is it the one with or without the imobliser?

ecu code is 021 906 256

thank you,

i would check mine but its pissing down outside. are you trying to bypass the ecu immob by using an obd 1 ecu with an obd2 engine loom? if you are i think youll find it wont work. and to my knowledge, didnt all obd2 vr6's come with the transponder box/chipped key etc??? correct me if im wrong

did you take lots of photos and label wires whilst you took it out of the golf? i should by rights go back into the corrado how it was all plugged into the golf.

yes labeld it all up etc, but removing all the headlight loom and that, so ive just got the ecu loom

think ive located a imobilser defeat for the ecu now :)

yes labeld it all up etc, but removing all the headlight loom and that, so ive just got the ecu loom

think ive located a imobilser defeat for the ecu now :)

keep us posted on that one

ok will do mate,

do ou know of anyone who does it?

pm me if u do

anyone who does an imob bypass, i dont no. there are some handy mechanics out there who can reprogramme the ecu imobs, also there is software which can marry an ecu and transponder box from different cars together.

not heard of any quick ways to bypass ecu imob apart from the c2 management. i sure lots of people would already be on this if there was.

Yeah when I was at Stealth the year before last it showed up on the VAG-COM. They turned it off for £75+VAT but I was having the car mapped so it was already plugged up. It was all done through their laptop though rather than doing something physical to turn it off

quite an expensive push of the button. but i guess itll get you moving and thats what you want simon