Sign in to follow this  
aki

exhaust issues

hi guys ive recently purchased a 2nd hand magnex cat back system part no xsvwc6 or rsa-vwc6 or d24v01m2 theres three differnt numbers which seem to corespond to fit a vr6 corrado after '92 mine is '93 and it seems as if the centre section will fit but the backbox bracket is the wrong way round and in the wrong place it kind of twists upwards in the centre of the box pointing front to rear and the one on the car is too low and fits accross the car!? am i a victim of having the wrong hangers or am i missing some sort of fitting kit? the hanger on the body is removable with 2 bolts so is it possible to get one that will allow me to fit my magnex i thought all vr6s were the same design

please help my mot runs out in 3 days!!

many thanks

andy

hi

has nobody else had this problem?! ive managed to cobble together a mount from an slk but wondered if anybody else had found an alternative

many thanks

andy

Hi mate, magnex would normally provide a bracket for the back box. Sounds like you are missing this piece, and as far as i know magnex won't supply them as a single item unless badgered. Not sure if they are still trading tbh either?

Neil.

hi

superb thanks ive been wondering if such a fitting kit exists i wont drill holes in my chassis rail yet then! time to badger magnex who it would appear have risen from the dead! wonder how much joy i will have....

thanks again

andy

Hehehe.

Had this EXACT problem about 2 weeks ago.

We've temporarily pikey'd the mount and bent the hanger.

Contact Daves16v on here. I think he can make you an exact copy for about £20 or so.

Just look for his door handle repair thread in suppliers if you can't find him.

Strangely, even with our pikey efforts - mine is stable and sitting really nicely!