Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

wiring heated seats, (nearly there, pics incl.)

I've got heated leather, and i have all the loom in etc apart from connecting the two wires that go to the fuse box, illuminance and power, i have all the info for where the wires are exactly to go, i just dont want to tackle it myself, im willing to pay someone to come and do it for me.

I am awear it could maybe take ten minutes to do but i just dont fancy messing behind the fuse box.

If anyone can help me in the sheffield area i'd be greatful!

Thanks,

Neil

I'm and electronic engineer, so figuring this out should not be a problem! I also have heated leather fitted so may be able to reference that.

So do you have all the wiring routed and just need to plug them into the fuse box?

If its a standard loom I could look at mine over the weekend if you give me a clue (picture) what to look for. I work in Sheffield so a quick look at lunch time or after work should be possible if your not a million miles away.

Jonathan

that would be brilliant mate, i have both the wires going to the the fuse box, well actually at the mo i have the illuminance wire joint to the cig lighter for the time being and just need the main power wire going into the fuse box, its a bare wire at the mo so i need a connector on the end but i do know there are a few spare dangling behind the fuse box so i can just knick one of them, but to have a look at your fuse box and see exactly where the wires go would be brilliant!

Where abouts do you work? I live in Dore, and work in meadowhead morrisons.

I have random days off during the week so let me know where abouts you are and when your free and we could sort something out?

If you can get a picture of the back of your fuse box, could you see if you can see the connection 'D/9', because i believe thats where the main power wire should go to, as far as i understand, it should be a Black/white wire going to a connector on the top of the fuse box which the seats then plug into....

CE2.gif

thanks alot!

Neil

I work near the arena /don valley stadium. So quite close to where you work, I'm surprised I've never seen you going to/coming back from work. I'll try to have a look behind fuse box over the weekend (any tips on getting it loose enough to see behind it as I've never needed to get to it in the past).

I might be towing a mate to exhausts UK on Saturday so if you have time I could look then, or otherwise I would say a quick look one lunch time or possibly a Friday afternoon as I finish at 3.30 so there's still a bit of light.

the arena is the other side of sheffield to me mate, although it only takes 20 mins to get from my house to centertainment.

I've got 2morow off (friday) and next mon - tues - wed off if your free?

to be honest it might be worth leaving your fuse box till i could have a look, i kinda know what im looking for so might be just as quick to do it that way.

Thanks again for offering your help!

Neil

P.S,

did you fit your seats or did your corrado come with them already in?

My C came with the seats fitted standard. You could nip to where I work tomorrow when I finish (3.30pm) or early next week during lunch but then I'd only have 45mins free. I've left you a pm.

sorry ive not been in touch, just planned a trip to ireland for next week.

this is still on my list to do so may pop over and see you when we're both free.

Neil

OK, drop us a PM when ever, starting to get a bit of light after work now so you could nip over any afternoon 4.30+

joni

I know i have another post on this somewhere but i cant find it and i need a quick responce please.

Ive got my dash out to do my matrix so thought it'd be great time to do my heated seat loom into my fuse box now.

I have found the D setion on my fuse box and found wires coming from it, just need to know what i need to do next...

as you look at this pic, D11 is in bottom left of the green plug and D12 is in the bottom right.

P120309_161501.jpg

P120309_161502.jpg

I've been told

'the thin black from the switch into the larger black which goes to the fuse box. Find socket D and then terminal 9 on that socket, hopefully there is a black/white wire coming from this terminal to another terminal block that you can connect in to.'

the black/white from D9 is not connected to anything, its the one u can see me holding my my hand.

Cheers for your help!

So don't you just need to put a female connector on to the black wire and connect it to the green plug that you've marked up as "goes to D9"?

Here is the original thread.

You can search your own posts to find old threads...

I'm going to lock this and try to merge it into the other thread to keep all the information in the same place.

tom.

Edit... There we go... Can you try to keep everything in here now please? There are quite a lot of other "How do I wire my seats in?" threads in here, I guess you've looked at all of them?

what i want to know is that if i put a connector on the end of my grey/blue iluminace wire from my loom and plug it next to the other blue/grey, in this pic at bottom of post, on the left will that work?

and if i put that black/white wire from D9 into one of the spare slots in the black box just underneith the green connector(on top of fuse box) and then put my black wire from my loom into the other spare slot, will that work?

and how to them little black boxes work on top of the fuse box?

P120309_161502.jpg

Hi Neil,

Just got your PM, you did well to catch me, it's 22:15 and I should have knocked off work hours ago but we're stuck here trying to start a compressor, at least I'm not missing any time in the pub am I?

From what I can figure out, yes you're right.

1) The wiring diag shows the black white from D9 connecting to the black wire that goes to the driver's side control unit. It connects in TV5 which is one of those black boxes (I like that name!) on top of the fuse box.

2) All grey/blue wires are switch and gauge illumination positives. Connect the one you have from the seats switch as you suggest in the black box and it will light up with all the others. Again wiring diagram shows it in TV8 black box but if it's with grey/blue it should be OK.

The little black boxes by the way are simply multi connectors, saves having to wire loads of single wires into the fuse box.

Hope all goes OK, any chance you can help us with a refrigeration compressor????

Tony

nice one tony, cheers for your help, still bit confused tho, let me see if i've got it right..

i can put my grey/blue wire from my loom into the black box next to the other grey/blue one?

still not sure where i put the black wire from my loom tho as the black/white isn't plugged into anything?

Is the black/white not the one comes from D9? That has to connect to the black from your loom, if there is a spare black box on top of the fuse box, use that to connect the two. Don't however connect it to one that already has some other wires in or it'll really confuse things!

Just knocking off mate, I'll be on line again a bit later, I'll check how you got on.

yes that black white comes from the D9 slot, but it's not plugged in anywhere. i dont think i have any spare TV (black boxes) on top of my fuse box, could u use a female conector and plug it directly to it?

ill try it 2morow whilst i try and put my car back together and see how i get on.

cheers for your help.

PS,

started your work yet with that kit u got?

If you don't have a spare connector (black box) then just join the black/white to the black, solder it if possible cos then it's not going to fall to pieces when you cram all the wires around the fuse box back in! Spade connectors or something will do the job too if you can't get near a soldering iron.

I've not touched the C since you saw it last in October, it's still sat in the garage under the cover. I was home over Christmas but didn't even go in the garage, I'm coming home on Monday for a couple of weeks but have some stuff to get done on the house so I'll not get near the Corrado again. I might get some chance in June or July but maybe not, depends when I ever get away from this job in Saudi, even then it sounds like I have to go to Singapore later in the year and that's going to be another 12 to 18 month job so maybe it'll be 2011 before I pull the cover off and see how much Corrado I have left!

Let me know how you get on, I might be able to come over to yours next week if you're still having trouble, it'll be a flying visit though :gag:

wired up the seats no problem, soldered them as you said, their working fine.

but now my alarm doesn't work, it has no power going to it at all! not a happy bunny!

in 2011 if you want any help with your car, let know, ill be glad to help 8)

wired up the seats no problem, soldered them as you said, their working fine.

but now my alarm doesn't work, it has no power going to it at all! not a happy bunny!

in 2011 if you want any help with your car, let know, ill be glad to help 8)

Sounds like you've disturbed one of those zillion wires that's crammed behind and above the fuse box, you were supposed to be connecting wires, not pulling them out!

Thanks for the offer, at least you've got time to practice a bit before we tackle the OBD2 job :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Neil,

As you've successfully wired in the seat heating any chance you could stick some pics on this thread of the finished wiring as it would be very useful to me and others no doubt who still need to do this.

TIA, Bill

yeah no problem, i must adm,it i owe alot of thanks to 'Tonedef' who gave me loads of useful info and a wiring diagram.

i've got a few pics so ill put the in this post,

CE2.gif

as you look at this pic, D11 is in bottom left of the green plug and D12 is in the bottom right.

P120309_161501.jpg

P120309_161502.jpg

diagram.jpg

Blue/grey.

There will probably be spare blue grey sockets on the top of the fuse box or behind the fuse box. It doesn't have to run all the way there if you don't want, any blue/grey will do as they are all switch illumination.

Black.

This is the only tricky one as it's the power supply to the switch and should come though the same fuse as the power supply to the seat heaters. If you look along the bottom of the wiring diagram there are numbers 1 to 14, these are the columns on the drawing, at column 7 you should see the 0.5 BK (Black) which goes from the switch to a thin line above it. The thin line joins it to a 1.0 BK at column 4 and a 1.5 BK at column 1. The number is the wire thickness, you'll see all the wires from the switch are 0.5 which are small control wires, the one at column 1 is the main power to heated seats and is 1.5mm as more power is required. The thin line joining these three black wires just shows that they are connected together, it's not a wire!

So, what you need to do is connect the thin black from the switch into the larger black which goes to the fuse box. To identify where the larger black finally connects, you probably have to remove the fuse box, all sockets on the back of the fuse box are identified by moulded letters. Find socket D and then terminal 9 on that socket, hopefully there is a black/white wire coming from this terminal to another terminal block that you can connect in to. This terminal block (TV5) will be either on top of the fuse box or behind it, follow the wire (if there is one) from D/9 to TV5 and this is where you connect the thick black wire. If there is no Black/White wire coming from D/9 you will have to connect one in, if this is the case you really need wiring terminals of the correct type, I have loads at home but of course I'm in Saudi. Hopefully not anyway!

i just put the grey'blue into spare black box on top of fuse box and directly soldered the black from the loom to the black/white from D9, its all fine now.

Blue/grey.

There will probably be spare blue grey sockets on the top of the fuse box or behind the fuse box. It doesn't have to run all the way there if you don't want, any blue/grey will do as they are all switch illumination.

Black.

This is the only tricky one as it's the power supply to the switch and should come though the same fuse as the power supply to the seat heaters. If you look along the bottom of the wiring diagram there are numbers 1 to 14, these are the columns on the drawing, at column 7 you should see the 0.5 BK (Black) which goes from the switch to a thin line above it. The thin line joins it to a 1.0 BK at column 4 and a 1.5 BK at column 1. The number is the wire thickness, you'll see all the wires from the switch are 0.5 which are small control wires, the one at column 1 is the main power to heated seats and is 1.5mm as more power is required. The thin line joining these three black wires just shows that they are connected together, it's not a wire!

So, what you need to do is connect the thin black from the switch into the larger black which goes to the fuse box. To identify where the larger black finally connects, you probably have to remove the fuse box, all sockets on the back of the fuse box are identified by moulded letters. Find socket D and then terminal 9 on that socket, hopefully there is a black/white wire coming from this terminal to another terminal block that you can connect in to. This terminal block (TV5) will be either on top of the fuse box or behind it, follow the wire (if there is one) from D/9 to TV5 and this is where you connect the thick black wire. If there is no Black/White wire coming from D/9 you will have to connect one in, if this is the case you really need wiring terminals of the correct type, I have loads at home but of course I'm in Saudi. Hopefully not anyway!

I remember writing that.......but it just confused the hell out of me reading it again :shrug:

anyone any good with alarms and wants to earn £20? come sort mine out for me, ive pulled a wire out somewhere, but cant find it!