Sign in to follow this  
simonoll

my nuts are loose

hi all

not long got my 3rd corrado, 3 months which is a m reg vr6 fixer upper.

i have had 2 g60s and still have a 1303s bug, the g60s met with sticky ends :cuckoo:

anyway i am working to replace all the drive train as i want it right and as good as new

so far ive done new wishbones, track rod ends, ball joints, bearings, upper strut donuts new hubs new disks new pads and all new brake pipes

also did the outer cv's last weekend

doing the inner cv's on this weekend,

then its off to get the tracking and camber done, to to make sure its all rideing true

the problem i have is in 2 parts

1 the big nut on the thred end of the cv through the hub keeps comeing loose after about 100 mile on both sides, thers no split pin hole or tab washer to stop it working loose can you use lock tite on con some one tell me the the tourq setting for this nut

2 the camber has some how changed on the drivers side (toe out)but why i carnt see how it would i have pushed the ball joint in as far as it will go on the wish bone but still is out by say 15 20 mm

any help would be happly recived

kind regards

simon

the big nut on the CV is a self-locking nut (theyre slightly ovalised/have a deformed thread at the end or something) and are single use only, have to be replaced each time theyre off. Torque is 265NM i think.