Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Vinyl Car Wraps

Have a gander at this,

2959661446_ca6d941d7d_o.jpg[/attachment:36cr5dmz]

Just out of curiosity I called Racoon Wraps who did the job to ask what it would cost to do a Corrado.

http://www.raccoon.co.uk/homepage.php

They called me back the next day and went through a thorough list of posibilities.

He quoted me £1500 + VAT for a flat colour, and it has a 3 year warranty but typicaly lasts for 7 years.

They can do any colour or range of colours, price dependant.

I wanted Matt Black.

The vinyl can be removed without harm to the paint.

I asked about paint preperation and what sort of condition would the paint need to be in, and was advised that it could be done to most surfaces, even on Primer and even mask small stone chips.

Things have changed for me, so I cant afford to go through with it, But he was a really sound bloke so I kind of feel guilty.

If anyone likes the idea give em a bell.

Yeah, I've seen their stuff too...have you seen the chrome wrap they do? It looks wicked and would be killer on a rado. 8)

Was considering this instead of a respray, but it seems like its just covering up the bad bits...if my paint was good I would think about one.

seen them before but still not convinced.

What if you get a stone chip through the vinyl and moisture gets under it? Could the car development rust without it being visible?

Hmm, I looked at a respray, I would say a full spray is upwards of 2k and that does not include replacing all the seals that split when you take the windscreen out ect.

My mate's just has his Arctic Silver 996 GT3 covered in an opaque white wrap and he's dead chuffed. Apparently it's very impact resistant to stone chips.

yeah, the guy i work with who has a 996 GT2 and all his mates are thinking of getting this done in matching designs for a big europe trip they're doing this summer. he's now not sure though because he's considering upgrading to the 997 version before then.. :bad-words:

yeah, the guy i work with who has a 996 GT2 and all his mates are thinking of getting this done in matching designs for a big europe trip they're doing this summer. he's now not sure though because he's considering upgrading to the 997 version before then.. :bad-words:

what a tough decision he has to make... :censored:

hey i used to sell vinyl and there is a company in leicester that did a ferrari in glitter blue! it does look awsome!

i suppose the pricing like anything depends on the vinyl and the vinyl life as you can get all sorts of different types!

check this site this is where i used to work! thank god i dont anymore but you can have a look at the pricing and the types of vinyl you can get! they just sell it though not fit it but may give you a barganing chip

www.dorotape.co.uk

what a tough decision he has to make... :censored:

Cor, how the other half live!

Was on a different forum i use and this popped up, thought i'd dump it here as i remembered this thread,.....

"mr max

As you may have seen in my thread in members gallery, i fancied a change of colour....

This is how we did it :thumbup: "

wrapcomplete1.jpg

Firstly, obviously, wash & dry the car,

then brought it inside for a more detailed clean, especially in the nooks & crannys......

wrap1.jpg

wrap2.jpg

Decided to start at the front, firstly as bonnets are easy peasy, and secondly so we could do the front and see if we liked it....

wrap3.jpg

Bonnet & wing done chris & i do the front bumper, always quicker with 2.

wrap4.jpg

Bumper done, chris starts on side 1.

wrap5.jpg

and i start on the splitter (you'll noticed the sides missing in this pic, even us pro's make mistakes!)

wrap6.jpg

Side back on, full steam ahead!!

wrap7.jpg

Side well under way, Splitter Complete.

wrap8.jpg

Side complete, just the skirt to do, but we'll leave that until later!

wrap9.jpg

Turn around, side 2 & arse end.

wrap10.jpg

Big bloody sticker, side 2 going on

wrap11.jpg

Set on the car, where to begin?!!

wrap12.jpg

The 2 of us get stuck into side 2, it was getting late and we were getting fed up at this point so speed was of the essense!

wrap13.jpg

Starting to take shape.

wrap14.jpg

Side complete, that'll do for day one! (well half a day, lol)

wrap15.jpg

Day 2, finish round the door seeing as we couldnt even finish that last night :oops:

wrap16.jpg

Side done, just the rear bumper & both skirts to do.....

wrap17.jpg

Skirt done, looking a little more white now.

wrap18.jpg

Car moved over, so we could do the other skirt & have abit more working room for the rear.

Also a little more cleaning just to be sure!

wrap19.jpg

Rear bumper almost there....

wrap20-1.jpg

Final touches! Woop woop.

wrap21-1.jpg

Done!!!!!!!! :cool:

wrapcomplete3.jpg

wrapcomplete2.jpg

wrapcomplete5.jpg

wrapcomplete6.jpg

wrapcomplete4.jpg

Easy peasy! Just time consuming - Approx time start to finish - 11.5 hours

Mmmmm, if 2 baseball cap wearing chavs can do it then i suppose we can??

i have some spare panels in the garage so i'm gonna see what i can find on e-bay etc etc

i have always like the harlequin vw's but they never made a corrado one

mike-mk3harlequin-2.jpg