Sign in to follow this  
odub

2.0 16v (9a) running problems

i've had my corrado for about a month now and am just starting to have big problems with it. when i first bought the car it was a little hestiant whilst driving both under acceleration and constant revs. this went away for a while and everything was good. just in the last few days this has come back but a lot worst. fuel economy is way down because the car is overfuelling to compensate and there is a massive loss of power. i have changed HT leads, spark plugs, dizzy cap and air filter. i've poked around the engine and everything seems to be plugged in and no visible faults. please help me. thanks

a lot of old 2.0 16vs seem to be suffering from dodgy lambda probes, you need to get the ECU read if possible, see if there's a sensor that's running out of range.

I've been poking about and found that unplugging the brown ecu temp sensor on the side of the head makes it run fine. Not sure of the implications of running without it though. Hopefully will pick up a new one Monday

Right, spoken to Vw this morning and apparently the part I've unplugged is the thermo cut out switch part number 043906163A. Could anyone tell me if this would possibly be the prob and what the purpose of it is. I haven't had a chance to get the car diagnosed yet. Thanks again

i never did get to the bottom of it. it has gone away though after the rolling road setup and also changing the isv. good luck in getting it sorted. definately get the fault codes read though