winchbietch

Winchbietch VR - 280 rears

Yeah mate how could you tell.. :lol:

Decided to have a stroll on the beach - seeing as i spent all valentines day working on my car.

The girlfriend decided on taking a quick picture seeing it was such a nice day.

Its been on my mind for ages to tidy things up, since we had all the snow its started to look a bit scabby..

Decided on having a full stripdown and fitment of goodies.

Yeah its not looking too bad,

Its nice tarting up my own vehicle for a change and not just project vehicles...

Aye, I can understand that. So what other goodies do you have to go on?

Currently reshelling my white vr6 to a bordeaux one, so the whole thing is getting tarted.

various polybush r32 bush and paint all parts,

Rebuild gearbox,

New heater matrix and radiator.

New abs sensors, hubs , mk4 rear brakes.

263 cams and new tappets.

currently removing all the dash etc.. to swap cars, checking and re wraping the looms then sleeving with conduit.

Blimey! Impressive work mate! Keep us posted.. pics are very interesting!

brilliant progress fella, pictures say more than a thousand words in those cases, very jealous of having all that space to work in too!

This may sound like a strange thing to say but it must be so satisfying having so much space to work with ...... what I would give to be able to line two corrado's up and strip them like you have.

Car looks great, love picture heavy threads :salute:

Its nice that one of my work collegues has loads of space on his farm, and his parents are fairly leaniant on time frames..

The only downer that i was only two aware of is that its a hour and a bit drive to work on the car and same back.

Makes working on it during the week in the evenings a late one or as ive been doing long seven day weeks for the past five months....

Next time i will try and find a place closer. lol

Originally i thought two months i would have it done, but when i started stripping things it dawned that it made sense to renew / referb as i went along.

Its amazing how many bodged bits of wiring ive come across, and wondered how the hell things had worked let alone not burned the car out.

The main thing for me has been to get things done now as i had the white vr for five years and in that time i fully rebuilt the engine, oversized pistons etc...but being a daily drive i could never properly take it off the road long enough to make it like new.

Time moved on and with all the snow it ate the crap out the white shell.

Now ive got a fresh start with a mint corrosion free shell and a daily runner consisting of a throw away clio to use as a moble parts /tool wagon, its nice not having a care where i park or strange noises going onwhilst driving. lol

One things for sure this forum is great to be a part of, and there are alot of cars on here that i would sell my left nut to own...

Hopefully the end result will be worth it, il save adding up the cost till its done... :)

Paul

You cant beat a bit of barn space, my only prob was i had to get mine finished before it would be covered in grain! loving the amount of work your puttng into it! :D

Latest is she's a runner... :clap:

fired it up today and after learning the values its running sweet.

All the central locking and windows are functioning correctly, so got the door trims all on.

The interior is pretty much finished, dash, carpets are in, passenger and rear seats are in.

I had my brother helping and the pair of us are well made up with things today.....

Been a while, moving house / illness with a month off work and bringing the car back from my mates barn.

I got round to renewing the weeping thermostat housing and fitting stainless bolts. Fitting my Samco hoses at long last.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45305[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45306[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45308[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45309[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45310[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45311[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45312[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45313[/ATTACH]

The problematic hoses that were not part of the coolant kit.

emails to James at Amber performance seem to have been a waste of time.

I asked could they exchange the wrong hoses for the oil cooler hoses -firstly he said i was looking at the wrong part of the engine, then the hoses were not part of the kit.

I asked which hoses for a coolant kit they were and me said - i think they are the oil cooler hoses...

I explained that the two hoses are not coolant hoses at all they are isv and pcv hoses with 5 coolant hoses.

They wont exchange them and got abrupt with their replys...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45314[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with Amber. I almost bought a set of hoses from them for the 16v as they were quite cheap....

Just a few bits of titivation left to do but a mile stone has been reached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46508[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46507[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46506[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46505[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46500[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46499[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46509[/ATTACH]