black dub

Black dub VRT project

well i thought it may be time to start a build thread, after looking though others threads to gather info maybe this will help others too.

well i brought my vr6 almost 2 years ago now in almost standard form apart from the wheels and coilovers which can be seen in the first couple of pics

V.nice and now going Turbot?

This was tucked away in one of the hangers at Players last year. No?

Where in Essex are you from chap?

Very nice, did you paint the engine cover yourself

Thanks to all for the positive feed back, im really happy with the way the car is coming along.

as for the engine covers i did the VR6 DOHC cover myself and i got one of my pals to do the HT lead holders as he works at a paint shop.

vwdeviant - i live in the braintree area. and yes that was my car in the hanger at players. :D

cheers, it will look a lot less cluttered soon as im in the middle of stripping and smoothing the bay so battery and washer bottle going in the boot and loom will be hidden as much as posibble.

well i have just nearly finished my OBD2 conversion iv had the car up and running and everything seems ok, iv run VAG-COM and that seems to talk to it but by no means is it a plug and play conversion but then i did remove all the unessesary plugs n cables. Now all i have to do is remove the loom and tape it all up ready to run through the scuttle and chassis legs.

not long an ill have my turbo fitted :clap:

Can't go wrong with black- looks really mean, especially with the wheels 8) Engine bay is lush! :luvlove:

cheers for that, yes i love black cars i had a black mk2 golf before this corrado and 2 more black cars before the mk2.

engine bay did look good but not quite like that now but the final out come will be worth the wait hopfuly. this is how the bay looks now:

Nifty intercooler. Where'd you get it? Is the bumper going to need much work to fit around it?

You're right, the OBD2 conversion isn't quite P&P is it! :D Defo worth it though, especially with what you've got planned.

Nifty intercooler. Where'd you get it? Is the bumper going to need much work to fit around it?

You're right, the OBD2 conversion isn't quite P&P is it! :D Defo worth it though, especially with what you've got planned.

cheers, i got the intercooler from wiltec in germany and at a very good price. as for the bumper i have had to remove the tow eye hook and had to cut a section out of the metal beam that runs behind where the number plate normaly sits and iv had to remove the other tow eye that was welded to the chassis leg but other than that the bumper slides on ok with a good amount of space all round for air flow. i didnt want to cut any of the actual plastic bumper away as it took me a while to get my US spec one.

oh and i had to cut the lower drivers side rad mount and mount it about 25mm back.

Yes i agree but things have been delayed a bit as i just brought my first house at end of last year n had to stick a 30 G deposit down so i am now just starting to get back down my workshop to get things going again.

but on a good note in the last 2 months have purchased a peliquin diff, lightened flywheel, plugs n leads from schimmel and also got a helix paddle clutch n plate from C2 so things are moving on.

ill try and get some pics up soon once the bay is finished.

a up cars lookin good mate, vrts are the way forward

i was just wondering, i noticed that you had started a thread about gettin rid of your ABS, i was just wondering how that came along and weather or not u ended up doing it, if so any chance you would be able to post up a lttle thing about it and i would like to see how much cleaner your bay looks with out all that clutter, i understand if you dont wana post pics up, but it would be good to know how you got on with it

cheers perksy