Sign in to follow this  
David Winter

Killing the Rado!

Ive just got a new job and have gone from doing 40 miles a week to 500 miles aweek :shock:

Ive been doing it for a month now and loved every mile. Car has been brilliant through 6 ins of snow the lot. But the sensible side of me knows that at 108k and £60 a week petrol this is not good. But I dont want to sell it. Think I will save and buy a cheap diesel but the wife has done her nut about me having 2 cars :( Some women just dont understand do they.

its all motorway. Worcester to maidenhead M5-M40/42- M4 link to junction 8-9, I was reading 34.9mpg yesterday. Thats chillin obviously. mor like 30 if I want to get back quicker.

If i drive like miss daisy i get a 25mpg reading max and even that is over reading it.

that'll learn you for strapping a fizz-bang to the back of it! :lol:

figures sound good David - they can return some surprising figures for an old car with a big engine can't they.

i once saw over 40 mpg out of my old one on about a 20 mile run, but i was driving like miss daisy. :)

used to get about 33-35mpg on a decent run but then i put the BMC and miltek on and its dropped to about 30-33mpg at best

the car will love all that long driving, just keep her serviced up :D and enjoy the drive.

I do 60miles a day in my C .

Raddoman