Sign in to follow this  
Storm Warning

312mm conversion question - urgent

Hi all, I've read all the threads and searched but can't answer my question. Apologies if I've not looked hard enough.

I'm about to have my TT calipers and the 280 rear conversion put on tomorrow, but I am not sure I've been supplied the right parts. The garage I got the goodridge braided lines from said I need the Golf VR6 6 line kit then use the banjo bolts fromt he mk4/tt calipers (which I have too). But now I have my doubts as so many variations of kits get mentioned in the threads, can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance :notworthy:

On my setup I used the the late mk3 vr6 hoses and they were fine. Only wierd thing was the banjo bolts were a fine pitch thread on mine (1mm pitch) but it sounds like you already have them. Also 6mm spacers were a touch too much for mine so make sure you have a bit of flexibility.

Excellent, sounds like I've got everything I need then thanks :clap: big week next week, 263 cams, 312 & 280 brakes with braids + dot5.1, all new bushes, new chains, new clutch, 4 wheel alignment 8)

out of interest mate where did you get your 280mm rear kit from?

with your expert fabricating skills i would have thought you would have made some adaptors 2 fit the 280's mate

out of interest mate where did you get your 280mm rear kit from?

Sorry in a delayed response, i've been away. I got the 280s in the first group buy on here. At the time it was mentioned that gwerks would be able to supply the eurospec grooved and cross drilled discs, that said I recently gave up trying to place an order for some other kit from gwerks as they never got back to me, I guess they are very busy.