Toad

Music thread...

I always thought if your sex was on fire then you should get down the clinic..

Well yeah, any kind of burning sensation related to your downstairs can't be good news!

This week I have been mostly listening to Cosmosis.

[youtube:izj1hrcb]GtKpmCp2ovc[/youtube:izj1hrcb]

September's good & bad news musically

Good : Underworld have a new album out

Bad : So do the Kings of Leon...

Jon, nice to see there's another Underworld fan out there 8) Totally missed the last album- worth getting?

Quite like Kings of Leon- think they're a victim of their own success though. Sex on Fire and Use somebody are great songs IMHO, but they've just been played to death now :(

Loving: Anodyne- Corrosion (Bitten by The Black Dog) at the mo- truly goosebump-tastic, especially the last 3 minutes or so 8) The Black Dog are simply awesome :notworthy:

[youtube:1i9w0uw0]9d8MDdcWJdI[/youtube:1i9w0uw0]

Still love this track too, even though it's been out for ages 8)

[youtube:uw2un7uu]LGbRpdCRwt0[/youtube:uw2un7uu]

From Serj Tankian's (system of a down vocalist) new single:

[youtube:vpr6ng4w]Uh7tsMKv0Lo[/youtube:vpr6ng4w]

Loving Serj :) Coooool

Really into Black Stone Cherry and Theory of a Deadman currently.

Have also just booked tickets to see Elbow in March 2011...woo woo

I do love Serj, Empty walls is one of my current favourite songs!

Listening to some classic Ice T at the moment, there was one song I'm raving about from the GTA IV soundtrack but for the life of me I can't remember what!

Got Come Whatever May - Stone Sour in the car at the moment too,

Not going sentimental or anything but just a lovely song......still wondering about what the writer meant about it - guess it can be both positive and negative............

[youtube:33dwtjkd]u6uRg9aslZg[/youtube:33dwtjkd]

Makes me think about going back to Ireland to get back a nice girl I used to date there - now *that* is sentimental......lol.....:)

Rumour has it that Halestorm have a new album out soon! :clap: I hope it's out in time for my birhtday or Chrimbo! :grin:

As for what's playing on my stereo at the moment, bit old school, but Sisters of Mercy - A Slight Case of Over-bombing. :shades:

Thought I'd spread the word about a band from my area that I know, they're not signed or anything yet but getting quite popular round our way so would be good to get some more interest from further afield. Really good bunch of guys, I play with them sometimes as they hold open jam nights.

They're called Jack Rabbit, and they're style is very Ska based, really addictive music, I love it even though it's not my usual style of music (I'm in to GNR, Stones, Aerosmith etc).

Their Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/jackrabbitmusic

Here's my fav song of theirs, and yes there is a violin player 8)

[youtube:kq7gnrmt]gfhf4o4SD5o[/youtube:kq7gnrmt]

And another good one of theirs:

[youtube:kq7gnrmt]wl2pNrOTH6g[/youtube:kq7gnrmt]

Oh and they recorded these songs in one of their's lounge so not the best production but still pretty good :lol:

Went to see The Cat Empire on Saturday. I still can't make my mind up about this band. Some of it I really dig, but some is just generic and dull. They had an odd setlist, lots of slower songs mixing in with upbeat ones. It meant the vibe lurched about a lot and there was no structure to the gig. The last song was killer tho, especially when they segued into the green hornet theme.

Check out:

The Car Song

Days Like These

Hello

The Wine Song

for good uplifiting tunes

Got into a new band (for me) called Dommin recently. They sound like Type O Negative if they were more 80's new wave....y.

And Rob Zombie are touring the UK next year! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! :clap: and I has tickets! :grin:

Purgi is a happy camper.

...And Rob Zombie are touring the UK next year! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! :clap: and I has tickets! :grin:

Purgi is a happy camper.

He's got Joey Jordison from Slipknot on drums and former Marilyn Manson guitarist John 5 in his touring band too - damned good effort! :salute:

Went to see The Cat Empire on Saturday. I still can't make my mind up about this band. Some of it I really dig, but some is just generic and dull. They had an odd setlist, lots of slower songs mixing in with upbeat ones. It meant the vibe lurched about a lot and there was no structure to the gig. The last song was killer tho, especially when they segued into the green hornet theme.

Check out:

The Car Song

Days Like These

Hello

The Wine Song

for good uplifiting tunes

I meant to get tickets for The Cat Empire for last Friday in Bristol...think they're pretty awesome. Can relate to you thinking some being pretty dull though!

...And Rob Zombie are touring the UK next year! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! :clap: and I has tickets! :grin:

Purgi is a happy camper.

He's got Joey Jordison from Slipknot on drums and former Marilyn Manson guitarist John 5 in his touring band too - damned good effort! :salute:

In't it just! I saw Joey play drums for Metallica at Download 2006 (not sure on year, it was either that or 2004) and he was AWESOME! Kinda put Lars to shame... His blastbeats were phenomenal.

NSFW!!!!11one

[youtube:2ksriwf1]KbW9JqM7vho[/youtube:2ksriwf1]

I've grown a strange soft spot for Die Antwoord, just because they are clearly mentals.

Otherwise the DJ Fresh Album and the Mixtape version of the Magnetic Man album is good, loving Fire with Miss Dynamite at the moment especially.

Digging Ladytron again at the moment...

an oldie :salute:

[youtube:208szrnu]9yaEwcmrR4Q[/youtube:208szrnu]

and their newie :clap:

[youtube:208szrnu]uW_tAn2v_JI[/youtube:208szrnu]

Digging Ladytron again at the moment...

an oldie :salute:

[youtube:181cq7ob]9yaEwcmrR4Q[/youtube:181cq7ob]

and their newie :clap:

[youtube:181cq7ob]uW_tAn2v_JI[/youtube:181cq7ob]

Liking these- kinda like a good version of La Roux :lol:

Been uploading loads of old stuff onto my ipod today, and listened to this for the first time in ages. What a gem! Really makes me feel blissed out 8) :lol:

[youtube:2jvewelw]KsE9iXoXB6s[/youtube:2jvewelw]