R1chy99

New daily.... Still a V6 only a little biggererer

Just picked this up, 66000 miles 2 owners V6 4Motion & um.... Large :D

01032009265.jpg

01032009266.jpg

01032009262.jpg

01032009263.jpg

Wheels & Exhaust next...

So it's got 5 valves, it's in-line and has wide [90deg?] vee.

Was this pinched from Audi?

My mate did some reading into this and stuff like the engine badging and the 4wd badging is just marketing - the technology being used differs wildly. The Passat V6 Syncro's that Andi and Andy665 had were essentially Audi's in VW suits. The 4WD system on them is literally Audi's quattro system - but it's badged up as Syncro as that's a VW 4WD system name so that there is no cross-brand confusion. Not necessarily but quite likely it's the same deal on these Passats too..

Well so I've been led to believe it's virtually the same engine as in the old S4 but without the 2 Turbos on it and it's got the Torsen Diff instead of the Golf's Haldex. Essentially exactly the same as the Syncro but VW marketing peeps thought 4motion sounded better...

Mostly beyond me but it's a load of car for the money :D

NICE! Coilies and 18's next.. have a look at Yeti's Turbo-Dismal Land-barge... they truely look huge when dropped and wheeled!

Parked his next to the Rado and it made it look like a Mk2 with "Rallye" front end...

ha ha another corrado convert! - best motorway cruiser i've ever driven (for the money) As the deviant says drop it on some 18's and it'll look even better - 19's look cool but tires are a horrible price!...

Looks like a goodun though and you've got the v swish half and half interior! nice 8) check out www.ukpassats.co.uk if you havent already, there are lots of people from here on there ad its a v good souce of info and parts, o and btw, i said i wouldnt modify mine and erm, that didnt last long :D

o and just to help clear up any confusion the b5 & b5.5 passats are based on the architecture used for the same variant audi a6's, but in a smaller shell :D

so the engine/suspension/hub assemblies are near identical to the audi and skoda superb which helps when sourcing spare parts

so you have all engines mounted as the picture shows even the fwd's, the front seats are the same subframe bolt positions and runners as the a6 - if you wanted to you can fit rs6 front seats in 8)

Aaah sweet, thanks for the info, I've really been struggling with exhausts as nobody seems to do one apart from Supersprint but they want £400 for each back box and another £600 for the rest of the system and seeing as I paid less than £3k for the car then that's a leeeeetle steep :D

Also technically it's my strumpet's car so all the mods need to go through her.... Unless I can sneak them on without her noticing :lol: