Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Just got a Bargain

Just picked up some late audioscape door pods with rainbow 6.5", crossovers and tweeters and fully dynamatted for the grand total of £140 quid im well pleased been after some for a while now but im always too late when they come up for sale! Also are they easy to fit is there anything i need to know? And on the crossovers there is a + and - for woofer + and - for tweeters and a + and - for INPUT whats the input one for ??

Thanks

Here they are

I would say the input is where the signal comes in from the amp/headunit...

Nice bargain btw :D

Just picked up some late audioscape door pods with rainbow 6.5", crossovers and tweeters and fully dynamatted for the grand total of £140 quid im well pleased been after some for a while now but im always too late when they come up for sale! Also are they easy to fit is there anything i need to know? And on the crossovers there is a + and - for woofer + and - for tweeters and a + and - for INPUT whats the input one for ??

Thanks

Here they are

Ohhh SNAP! That's a good deal matey :clap:

They are a piece of proverbial to fit, remove the doorcards (one unobvious screw in the speaker hole), remove the old pods, offer up the new ones so they fit, mark holes, drill and screw on. Simple.

The input will come from your stereo, the tweeter is the high crossover, sub the low. EDIT beaten to it!

So let me get this straight the woofer wires connect to the crossover and the tweeter wires do too! And the input is the original speaker wire which then is connected to the crossover??

Also is there a walkthrough somewhere on how to take the door card off or can anyone tell me the order i should take it apart please??

So let me get this straight the woofer wires connect to the crossover and the tweeter wires do too! And the input is the original speaker wire which then is connected to the crossover??

Also is there a walkthrough somewhere on how to take the door card off or can anyone tell me the order i should take it apart please??

As far as I remember you have to first remove the trim round the handle by pushing it towards the front of the car and then pulling it off (or maybe push the other way :scratch: ).

There are 2 or 3 screws on each end of the doorcard.

Also remove the old speaker and there will be another screw located in the speaker surround.

Unscrew the door pin.

I don't think you have to remove any of the grab handle, or maybe you do...if so, the front will pop off with the aid of a screwdriver (preferably wrapped in something a bit softer so you don't put a small dent in the plastic) and there will be a few screws underneath.

Pull the card from the top and it should pop out of the trim that runs along the bottom of the window. It should now lift up out of the door, but is held on with some crappy clips at the bottom so be careful as they break easily. Oh, and you'll need to disconnect the window switch too.

Refitting is a bit of a pig, remember to pull all wires through and make sure the window switch can reach or is connected. Also, tie a long bit of string round the door pin so you can pull it thru the hole, otherwise its a complete @rse to line up.

Think thats it but I did it on my VR last spring and on the valver a few years ago so its a bit vague and muddled in my head.

this shows for an older car but is basically the same http://www.torquevw.com/how_to_guides/corrado_removing_pre_1991_doorcard/corrado_pre1991_removing_doorcards.shtml

With regards to the crossover..er dunno! I run my sub directly out of the headunit as it has rca connectors that run straight to my amp, which has a built in variable crossover.

hth and is correct! :D

I wondered who had bought those, i was looking at them too and they are a billy bargain for sure, pods alone go for that.

Also there were some Focal K2 power 5.25" component set for £80 which is studiply low price.

Yeah times are hard and i think Chris just wanted the cash and quick sale to continue on with his cars that he is doing up! looking forward to putting these babys in thanks for the pics and info btw! He still had a few bits available so anyone after some early corrado bits get in touch with him hes on edition 38 and name is beigebomber aka chris!!

Thats a good point fella i was going to remove the ones from the dash and put them in there.. is that where everyone else has put theirs?? Also where has everyone put the crossovers??

And on the crossovers there is a + and - for woofer + and - for tweeters and a + and - for INPUT whats the input one for ??

Thanks

basically youve got it input from stero wire into crossover on input + - then the mid range speaker you have fitted in the door pod wire into woofer +- and the tweeter thats lying on the floor in your pic wire into the tweeter +- you can put the crossover anywhere you like its just easyer to leave it in the door as you have to wire both speakers into it hence ethier runing a pair of cable from the door to your crossover in the dash or just connecting the speaker cable that already runing in the loom to the speaker in the door to the crossover

hope this helps

stu

Yeah cheers for that fella. Door would be the best pplace for the crossovers as then i only have to run one wire for the tweeters to the dash!!

Only problem with putting it in the door is, that the door is damp inside, and with 2 sets of wires running from body to door (feed from stereo to crossover and crossover to tweeter) there's twice as many chances of the cables being fatigued and breaking.

i had my crossovers in my golfs doors. use some top quality wire for going through to the body. fix the unit securely, as the bump from shutting the door can dislodge it if the sticky pads aren't strong and put some copper grease over the terminals once it's wired up to protect it from corrosion because, as said above, inside the doors get a lot of moisture. :thumbleft:

Just unscrew the under dash shelves and shove them on top. they get held in place by the foamy stuff as it presses against the dash. simples! then you don't have to worry about them going rusty.

going to start this 2moz has everyone put the tweeters in the dash? is it easy to mount them in there ?

I've got my tweeters firing back off the windscreen on a couple of brackets made from some ally sheet. Finish was not an issue as you can see!! :lol:

The notches correspond to the grill tabs so it's all secure and tidy once it's covered up! 8) :lol:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdftweeter mount 001 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2fiexpol]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdftweeter mount 002 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2fiexpol]

tweeter mount 004 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2fiexpol]

Got up bright and early to get this done and in the end only managed to get one side done lol!! By 12 i thought i was done, but tried it out and nothing came through the speaker or tweeter had to go through all the wireing and realised i had wired the woofer into the input "dumb ass" i knowany way one down one to go!!