Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Hand brake light flashing?

My ABS light has come on and the red LED light for the hand brake flashes when i accelerate when ive just started the car.

I dont have VAGCOM but going to get it checked out thursday.

What does the red flashing LED mean?

Yep I had this and it was, as the man said, low brake fluid level. I assumed it was going to be the handbrake switch, much easier to solve thankfully.

Shawls store is your best scarf, shawl and wrap online store. Our mission is to provide the greatest discounted shawls and the best service to our customers. The beautiful Shawls presented here in our Shawl Gallery give sanctuary to the Body and also to the Soul.

:lol: started reading that thinking whats a shawl and scarf got to do with the handbrake light flashing. :?

What other possibilities are there for the hand brake light flashing? Is it just the brake fluid level and the handbrake switch? Checked my level and also unplugged the sensor from top of reservoir but still flashes! It I know the only other possibility is the handbrake switch then I'll change it, but wanted to check if any other possibilities.

What other possibilities are there for the hand brake light flashing? Is it just the brake fluid level and the handbrake switch? Checked my level and also unplugged the sensor from top of reservoir but still flashes! It I know the only other possibility is the handbrake switch then I'll change it, but wanted to check if any other possibilities.

Have you tried bridging the contacts? It might be that unplugging the sensor makes the light flash.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't tried bridging the contacts, however when the sensor was unplugged it was still intermittant flashing rather than anything constant.

Any other thoughts on this? Should I just replace the handbrake switch? Interestingly when I was sat idling yesterday (handbrake off) the light was on constant, and when I went to accelerate away it went out and then went back to the use intermittant flashing.

I have the same problem with a good level of brake fluid. It tends to settle down after about 15 minutes of driving which leads me to believe it's a dodgy contact on the handbrake switch. I'm going to try to locate the switch - can anyone save me half an hour by telling me where it is?! Thank you