Sign in to follow this  
jondobbs

European Corrado Sale

Hi,

I've just sold my Corrado on eBay 360137122856 to a lad who lives in Germany and I am arranging to meet him at the airport.

Does any one know of any other paperwork that I need to complete other than the V5?

The buyer doesn't know if he needs any paperwork to take the car to Germany.

Has anyone had any experience in this type of situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The car was only on eBay for two hours!

Hi mate, if you send a PM to Andy665, he may be able to advise you. He recently arranged/helped to arrange the sale of a G60 to a girl from Germany, so may be able to give you a few pointers.

Hope this helps,

Suggest you telephone DVLA and they will advise you on your responsibilities towards this 'export' from the UK side.

Presume there will be (at least) a form to complete to remove the car from the DVLA registers & allow it to be registered in the EU.

Hazarding a guess but your buyer will have to book a TUV test his side before registering it in Germany.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your responses as I was a bit apprehensive about the sale.

I did infact 'phone the DVLA after I knew they were flying in to the UK.

All you need to do is complete the purple section of the V5 (and I wrote a letter to include the new owners address just in case) to say that the car as been exported. The buyer keeps the rest of the V5 (unsigned) and then they are able to register in their home country.

Job done. They turned up, looked around the car. I drove them round the block and we exchanged cash.

If only all sales could be so easy.

Thanks, Jon.

Cool, sounds ideal, did they say why they came all the way to england for it?? I was in germany for nearly the last 2 years and never saw a single corrado while i was there, just wonderin if they are few and far between over there :shrug: