Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Ignition switch

That tiny little fucking screw, for fuck sake what twat put it there!!!! Stupid fucking car, just, just arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!! :censored: :censored: :censored:

That is all.

ive heard people bending screw drivers trying to get it, luckily i dont know where it is or need to get it out.

I took the advice of a few other folks who suggested NOT putting the stupid screw back in. Instead used two cable tied that go round the back of the ignition switch and then round the metal lock housing. Did my switch back in the summer and it's holding up fine so far. Plus it means if it ever goes again, it's just a question of snipping off two cable ties rather than fighting with the damn screw again!

Agree with Jim just use 2 cable ties. Forget about the screw.

Neil - its hard to see with your eyes I dont think you'd be able to get a camera in there :lol:

Bugger, i've already got the screw back in.

To be honest though i'd be pissed if the switch went again during my ownership

I've had to replace is twice, though that could be because the first time i replaced it with a cr@p switch.

for some reason i have two drill holes in the top of my ignition barrel?

i remember drilling when did mine.

I can't remember why tho.I was following the instructions in the bentley.

I do remember it being a nightmare tho.

the two holes are for if you're changing the key barrel... sounds like yours has had a new lock barrel at some point if you've got two holes in there...

Not many jobs on a Corrado worse than the ignition switch :p but the heater marix beats it I think :bad-words: working upside down in the drivers footwell for a couple of hours seems a pleasure, indeed a luxury, you should consider yourself fortunate. Just you wait until you have to waste 2 days, on and off, in the passenger footwell fighting with glove boxes that wont move, wiring that should never have been routed that way, plastic levers and cogs designed to last 10 years at most, perished damping foam on air flaps and bowden cables that twist and kink, you get it back together hoping it will last for another 18 years. Not a chance, and you will have forgot how the hell you did it last time. Think I've just turned into Mr Angry :help:

Oh, I forgot to mention that bottom mounting on the Matrix housing that spins instead of undoing, you end up having to cut the little b~~ger off with a grinder, which scuffs the heat shield. Think I've done moaning now I'll just go away and cry :censored: :bad-words: :pukeright:

Oh, I forgot to mention that bottom mounting on the Matrix housing that spins instead of undoing, you end up having to cut the little b~~ger off with a grinder, which scuffs the heat shield. Think I've done moaning now I'll just go away and cry :censored: :bad-words: :pukeright:

I could of sworn i wrote that because thats EXCTALY, and i mean exactly what i had to do, got a nice scuff on the heat shield now.

its not a nice job at all, but is 100 times easier with the dash out.