Sign in to follow this  
voo51

Help - What pipe is this???

Today when i moved the Corrado out of the garage i notices a large wet patch on the floor where my rear fuel pump would be. I checked under the car and sure enough there was fuel dripping from one of the pipes. However, I don't know what the pipe is called and where i can get a replacement from? When i started the car it literally started pouring out! I need to fix this myself as well. It looks as though the previous owner has fixed half of it but not the other half.

I have had a right girlly moment these 6 months as well - I had an advisory on my MOT for excessive fuel pipe corrosion - I thought it ment ones in my engine - :oops: oh well!

So, what pipe is this and where can i get one from? Will I need to drain my fuel before i replace it?!

:help:

Fuel supply pipe between the main fuel pump and the accumulator...

Not sure what else you could call it. Got to be a VW only part.

Have a look on vagcat.com to try and identify the part, description and part number.

That is brilliant, thankyou. I was not aware of that website - it is a stroke of genius!!

Does anyone know if i will have to drain the fuel tank to change the pipe?!

and the pressure accumulator! be careful as when you disconnect this pipe you'll get high pressure fuel leaking out until the accumulator has lost it's pressure! if you've not run the car for a couple of days before fitting the pipe, you should be OK, but just be aware that the whole idea of the accumulator is to hold fuel pressure, and you're removing a pipe from it, so it won't hold the pressure, it'll release it! :?

Thanks for all the advise. The Corrado is sat on the drive and will be until I fix it.

colinstubbs - I have rung VW and they have quoted £27 plus vat!!! - extortion!!!! But I am not sure where else to get one from so i guess i best order it!

I had one go on my MKI Golf wayyyyyy back in the day (we're talkin' early 90s here) and VW wanted over £70 for the equivalent pipe!

£27 for that pipe's not actually that bad IMHO?

Could be worse, I had to give Renault £15 once for the plastic surround for the hole in the bonnet the support slotted into!! :bad-words: