Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

weird vibration coming through to clutch peddle...

If i have the key on ignition(dont actually start the car) after a few minutes ill get a weird virbration kinda fart that lasts for about 1-2 seconds then goes away, i thought it was air going through the water pump as ive just done my matrix, but i had my foot resting on clutch once and i felt it.

Its also happened whilst driving aswell.

its kinda like a sound of a numatic drill froma workman on a much much smaller scale!

My brake fluid is low (handbrake light comes on when booting or going round corners), is the clutch hydrualic?

What could this be?

its a 1993 VR6.

Might be ABS related? Try starting the car with your foot on the brake pedal, see if you feel it any stronger. Think I remember reading that was part of the ABS startup procedure. But I'm probably wrong... Sure someone more technical will be along shortly to advise... :D

Might be ABS related? Try starting the car with your foot on the brake pedal, see if you feel it any stronger. Think I remember reading that was part of the ABS startup procedure. But I'm probably wrong... Sure someone more technical will be along shortly to advise... :D

Yeah thats spot on matt. The brake pedal should shudder when you first start the engine. But not sure if you'd feel that through the clutch pedal. Worth doing what matt says though neil.

My brake fluid is low (handbrake light comes on when booting or going round corners), is the clutch hydrualic?

Ignoring the vibration, yes the clutch is hydraulic, and the take off pipe is relatively high in the brake fluid resevoir.

And seriously, "booting it" when you know you've got low brake fluid???? :cuckoo:

its my ABS pump, my front right abs sensor and signal is dead and my Brake pedal posstioning sensor has gone, no idea what that is!