Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

Anyone got these??

I'd go here if i was you:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s92p0

I have bought a few sets of tyres from them and they offer a very good service and quick delivery times, even to Ireland.

They have a very good selection of tyres on the site for any budget and I havn't seen any sites selling the same tyres cheaper. For a few pence more than the ebay set you can get some better tyres. The kumho ku31 get good reviews and are a budget tyre (£148 delivered).

Hope that helps.

Paddy

Never heard of them and they are the wrong profile for VW's

Get some Rainsport 2's for the same amount.

What profile will i want? 195 50 15? Where can i get rainsports from?

I'd go here if i was you:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s92p0

I have bought a few sets of tyres from them and they offer a very good service and quick delivery times, even to Ireland.

They have a very good selection of tyres on the site for any budget and I havn't seen any sites selling the same tyres cheaper. For a few pence more than the ebay set you can get some better tyres. The kumho ku31 get good reviews and are a budget tyre (£148 delivered).

Hope that helps.

Paddy

Thanks for that i will check the site out :D

Never heard of them and they are the wrong profile for VW's

Get some Rainsport 2's for the same amount.

Is 45 the wrong profile?? Does it make much difference?? Thanks

the sidewall is 45% of 205 rather than 50% of 205.

the sidewall is 45% of 205 rather than 50% of 205.

What is best for corrado then? I have 15x7 alloys! :D

Come on, use the wiki.... HERE Click.

205/50/15 is norm. But you've got a 7 wide rim; so would not go down to 195 wide.

read the Tyre Bible linked on that page for reasons behind the numbering, how ratios work etc. If confused, just ask

8)

The make you showed was cheap and known to be cheap. £31 per tyre? Maybe worth a shot if he can do your size too. And I didn't know you could buy Rainsports (Uniroyal) for 31 each, I used to pay 50 each. See the general Tyre Discussion (Drivetrain) thread for feedback on brands. You'll get what you pay for; I liked the Uniroyals, but would also prefer to spend more and go for the bigger brands like Michelin or Bridgestone/Conti if possible, as the tyre is made better, stiffer. You want better handling still, then try a 16 inch wheel.

205/50/15 is norm. But you've got a 7 wide rim; so would not go down to 195 wide.

Bottom of that WIKI bit Yan said that if you run 205s you need longer tie rods :scratch: :confused4: Why? What difference will the wider tyres make?

I've run 195/50/15s on 7" rims for years with no problems. 8) Trouble is decent performance tyres are hard to get for such little wheels now!!!

Hi people sorry for the late reply. I do a guy down at the local tyre house a few favours and so he gets me the special deal.

read the Tyre Bible linked on that page for reasons behind the numbering, how ratios work etc. If confused, just ask

8)

The make you showed was cheap and known to be cheap. £31 per tyre? Maybe worth a shot if he can do your size too. And I didn't know you could buy Rainsports (Uniroyal) for 31 each, I used to pay 50 each. See the general Tyre Discussion (Drivetrain) thread for feedback on brands. You'll get what you pay for; I liked the Uniroyals, but would also prefer to spend more and go for the bigger brands like Michelin or Bridgestone/Conti if possible, as the tyre is made better, stiffer. You want better handling still, then try a 16 inch wheel.

Uniroyal are Conti and were a premium brand before Conti bought them out and as far as I knew when I worked there years ago there was no difference between the 2 in terms of tyre construction they just tend to make the Contis look a bit sportier and then charge more for them. Most of the major tyre manufacturers produce a cheaper brand but don't really publicise it. I believe Semperit are made by Conti too as they were made by Uniroyal when I worked there - worth a look at those too :)