Sign in to follow this  
Meth

Brake / Wheel noise?

Im getting a squeeking style noise coming from the front end, it sounds like the front drivers wheel.

I think its somethign to do with the brakes, as when i put my foot on the pedal even slightly, the noise goes. But you can also feel it kind of pulling on the steering wheel when your going round roundabouts every couple of seconds...

Just wondering if this is a common problem / if anyone else has had this? Or whether its just a case of getting the wheel off tomorow and taking a good old fashioned look for myself!

Cheers in advance!

Sounds like it might be a caliper binding on slightly.. try driving somewhere for a few minutes then hop out and feel the warmth of each wheel on the front. If one is hotter than the other, you probably have your suspect! Either way, worth getting it checked out.. if you're not up to it yourself, a garage should easily be able to spot a binding caliper probably without even removing the wheel.

Yeah ive been banking on a calliper coated up with dust / rubbish.

Will be taking the wheel off tomorow to take a looksey anyway, just wanted to check to see if there was a common problem that maybe needed looking at - it appears that the majority of problems seem to have a common background with these cars, so as im incredibly new to it all, i figured its worth asking lots of questions :)