Sign in to follow this  
fullpint

Where is my throttle idle valve? Be gentle..

ok i know im open for abuse :lol: :lol: :lol: and you guys are gonna tear into me but can someone (just one now,lol) please tell me or send me a pic as to where i can find it.. Due to my tick-over issue the forum tells me to check and clean this thing :shrug:

On my GT3 I knew exactly where it was but not on my Corrado 2.0 8v..

Looking forward to your comments :shock: :? :( :lol: :lol:

im afraid i can't help you but im sure i've seen a topic before about this on an 8v, try a search for ISV (idle stabilisation valve), not sure if its the same position as a G60 but im sure someone would be able to confirm.

ok

look at your rocker cover you have a big square plastic box on the left hand side and between that and the oil filler cap toward the back of the rocker cover there is a cylindical object with a wire coming in from the right and breather tube going out of it from the left, and it connects to the inlet manifold! that is your ISV idle stabilisation valve!

dont worry we all have to start somewhere lol :clap:

Cheers mate, i appreciate you taking the time to reply :notworthy: .. I will get the thing off today and give it a good old clean with carb cleaner, along with the afm and hopefully it will sort out my tick over..

:clap:

dont leave it off the car too long after you use the carb cleaner. On rusty's car, the car wouldn't idile at all for a while after that. Had to give it a good thrash to clear it out! In was told soaking it in petrol over night sorted it out perfectly

Well touch wood after a good old spray of carb cleaner my tick over seems to be normal now :) I'm sure that it will come back to haunt me at some time.. :lol: