Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Is there anything I can do to lower the temp on a stock car?

Haven't driven my Corrado VR6 very much, but compared to the Passat VR6 I have the coolant fan runs much more often on the Corrado, it seem to hold the temp at an "ok" temperature, but is there any way I could lower the temp a bit, and so making the fans run a bit less then they do ?.

Not really. The Passat has a far larger radiator and hence coolant capacity than the corrado. You could try fitting a lower temp thermostat, but they can cause issues with fuel economy and increased engine wear.

How often is quite often?

What does the guage suggest that the temperature is?

hmmm, been a while so can't say, I'v never reacted to the temperature, I think it is roughly around 90C......I will have to check it again when I take it out of the garage it's been in over winter......but roughly 90C I'd say......

How often do you recon the fans should run btw?

Well, if it's sitting around 90, then that sounds ok.

The fans are subjective. As long as they are keeping the temperature about right, then I wouldn't panic too much...

Ok, anyway I'm soon going to do a thorough clean of the coolant system, and changing the coolant (doing the chain), so might change the things a bit, not to worried though as they seem to keep it quite steady around 90C's....;)