Sign in to follow this  
sean1380

wobbly springs???!!!!

thing is iv just jacked my little beast up to check the broken exhaust but wen i did the springs move about in between the shock bottom and top of the tower,theres small bits of wire twisted around tostop them moving around completly

now im no inspector morse but does this indicate that the drasticly low ride height is achived by sum doughnut chopping the spings??? or should they move about when u jack the car up and all the weight is off spring :scratch:

Er no, it should not move around that easily even with the car jacked up.

Now I assuming that you have standard springs and dampers fitted, if not then there may just be huge spring/damper mismatch (ie standard dampers and lowering springs) this may result in the symptoms you described.

the shocks are yellow but have no real indication as too who makes them

theres a fair old gap of about 2inch when fronts jacked up between top of spring and top mount,the springs littlerally wobby from side to side with easy and lift up too

im guessing its a bodge,ill try sorting u some pictures out as iv never seen anything like this

why cant people just do things properly,it causes less head aches all round :brickwall:

Yellow is usually koni or spax.

Are the springs painted black with some blobs of coloured paint on them?

If so then they are OEM springs and there is no way they should be wobbling around like that, especially on Koni/Spax dampers as they are shorter (the dampers).

there a redy rusty blacky colour no i didnt think they were ament to be that wobbly or even move like that in the 1st place as cars that low u'd expect some kind of compression on them

ill see wot they are abit more wen i take them off altogether as iv been offereed a set of koni's with h&r springs so think im gonna chuck those on and hopefully itll handle abit better and under heavy braking the back ends all over the place and the cars really unstable

cheers

Yellow shocks - not standard and could also be Bilstien; or some fake cheapo sorts.

Red spirngs - could be anything, spax etc, but again not standard.

Typically you'd find that correct matching spring and shock will result in a tight fit. So tight in fact, that you have to borrow/buy spring compressors to get the blighting springs off the shock (as the spring is held in by a top plate, squashing the spring down in a bit of pre compression).

Get 'em off and replace IMO. If the springs are so short, soft, then you're very likely to bottom-out over a big bump or hollow in the road; if the spring and shock bottom out, the force is transfered to the rest of the car via the top mount - somthing will break one day.

yeah we were feeling them bottom out,its squashed my rear caliper brake pipe as its not ran in the guides prpoerly!!!! :brickwall:

i kinda wish id not bought the :censored: car n that its only good for fire fodder but i will one day have it running sweet........eventually

i got some new springs n shocks off mr mass n gettin them tracked up 2mo

the other ones were a right state ill get some pics for u to laugh at :lol: