Sign in to follow this  
SteveRobb

65 or 68mm pulley??

Prob been asked a few times but can't find on the search... I have just bought a G60 Corrado, I have never had a G60 (had 3 VR6's) so don't know much about them....

I hear alot of talk about 65mm or 68mm pulleys and was wondering what sort of gains you can get out of using each and if there are any downsides to them as opposed to the standard pulley. I am keen to know as I intend to get the charger re-built and from what I have read the stage 4 re-build only really makes sense if you have a smaller pulley?????

Would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Steve

I would have thought porting the charger will help no matter what size your pulley is :shrug:

And seeing as it's not much more cost to get a full port job over a normal rebuild you might as well go for it.

With a 68mm pulley the recommended rebuild is every 30,000 miles, with a 65mm it's every 20,000

I've not run a 65mm before but in simple terms you get your power lower in the revs than with a bigger pulley, and you don't wanna go anywhere near the limiter!

If it's your daily I'd go with a 68mm, it's not too costly on the maintainance and will give you noticeable gains on a standard pulley. But that's just my opinion!

Thanks.

Other than G-Werks and JabbaSport, who else does it? Also is there any ecu upgrades/re-maps that are worth doing....

Steve

If your having any rebuild or porting done on the charger, use G-werks. They are the only ones with a solid reputation! There have been a few Jabba ones that have popped for no apparent reason not long after rebuild... Mine was rebuilt at Jabba by last owner, only 10,000 miles ago and there's a lot of oil in the boost pipes already. Unless your near the South coast or fancy a trip, take the charger out yourself and post it to them. Guide on removal here: http://www.matey-matey.com/g60-rebuild-article.shtml also shows what G-werks will do with it!

They do a very reasonable chip, pulley and belt kit- have a look on their site for price. If you have a smaller pulley fitted you really need a chip as well.