Sign in to follow this  
flatoot

coolant leak into driverside footwell?

you can really do it in a weekend time. it is very, very, very easy to do, I would say a 4 out of 10 maybe... but as said before, you need 1000/10 of patience :lol:

I would recommend the following:

1. use a small mirror (like the one women usually keep in their handbag)

2. use paper stickers to label ALL wires you will unplug. By ALL, I mean A L L.

3. buy a "fishing worm box" so you can place all bolts and sort them down by categories and also label them (i.ex. "rigt vent bolts", "centre console bolts"..).

that's all you need, apart from 4 hours for disassembling+labelling, and ~4h to put everything back to it's place.

I guarantee that you will use the heater even in summer once you have done it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol yeah i will give it a go...

i suppose i'll do the same thing that io do with laptops when i repair them... all screws in seperate categories... label as much as possible...

I'll call on you if i get stuck, arnau! ;) i suppose the money i save on this can go towards a new head gasket...

I also managed to get the bypass done before work this morning :) Everything running fine now as far as I can tell.

Would I be right in thinking, now that the pipes are disconnected from the matrix, I can still use the vents on the cold setting without any steam or bad stuff happening?

does anyone know where i could get a decent heater matrix by tomorrow... maybe a next day delivery thing online...?

Will get the matrix done this weekend if i can...

got mine from gsf was nearly 50 quid. they have two types the cheapie crap one or the valeo one that vw also supply

i Managed to get a thermex one from Volks-apart

£28 for the part and £21 for the special sat delivery...

anyone know if these heater cores are any good?

will be fitting with a mate tomorrow... i'll take pics n stuff, i'm sure it'll be usefull on here...

hi guys how ya alll doing? getting better wether for getting the raddos out!

I got my leaky matrix fixed. my local mechanic came up trumps. turnes out its a common problem on cars. he had this magic potion by wurth and let me tell you its worth every penny! only £40 for complete job.... it goes into your cooling system and its got a sort of solder in it that finds the hole and blokes it. making a permenant repair. and as far as I can see its held up goodo!

got my brakes to do now and gotta replace my rad suppert xmamba thing. oh joy

cheers for the pointers :thumbleft:

havent actually got around to fitting my matrix yet... but that sounds like a nice temp fix for me...

what is the stuff that he used?

hi guys how ya alll doing? getting better wether for getting the raddos out!

I got my leaky matrix fixed. my local mechanic came up trumps. turnes out its a common problem on cars. he had this magic potion by wurth and let me tell you its worth every penny! only £40 for complete job.... it goes into your cooling system and its got a sort of solder in it that finds the hole and blokes it. making a permenant repair. and as far as I can see its held up goodo!

got my brakes to do now and gotta replace my rad suppert xmamba thing. oh joy

cheers for the pointers :thumbleft:

I wouldn't've done it. Yes, it blockes holes, but also water pump, pipes.......