Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Need a New alarm after ripping mine out!!!

What a nightmare, just had to climb through the boot of my car because the alarm fob wouldn't respond to opening my car. With alarm going off and scramblerling through the back i managed to put the key in the ignition and disarm the alarm. I then proceeded to get out of the driver’s door and close the boot, the drivers door shut as i went round to the boot and as i shut the boot my alarm decided to re-arm itself :bad-words: Keys were still in the ignition. I then had to walk a mile to get a lift home where i got my spare key. Got back to the car and couldn’t open it because it was dead locked :bad-words: So had to walk another mile and another lift later to get my spar fob. Got back to the car and opened it. Decided to drive home and have a look at the alarm and see if i could diagnose the problem, currently it seems to be the ariel. I have 3 fobs and most (90%) of the time the alarm doesn’t respond to any of them.

Anyways i was admiring the C*** job of the wiring of the alarm.... twisted wires with insulation tape, cut into the loom really badly when a couple of wires came off in my hands lol, i connected them back and the alarm just clicked away, seemed to be totally borked :bad-words:

By this time i had had enough and proceeded to learn how it worked so i could bypass it, embarrassingly i managed to bypass the £400 alarm (previous owner had been charged for a clifford 550) in about 5 mins. Just 2 wires, not particularly good imho. Must have just been fitted wrong. Anyways i ripped out the brain and chucked it in the boot, probably do more use stopping the stuff in my boot moving about. :D

So i need a new alarm.

Have never had to purchase an alarm before and i have had a look through various website and was wondering what people would recommend.

What i want the alarm to do..........

Lock unlock with fob,

Immobiliser

CAT 1

Close windows if they are open on lock

Bleep if people look in (my old clifford would do this)

RELIABLE

Not to fussed with remote start (wouldn't mind) or other crazy things, Voice warning etc.

So i was wondering what advice people have and what do you get if you spend more on an alarm.......

Cheers

Beavisjem

Lots of people rate the Toad Ai606 as being a reliable, solid alarm system... reasonably priced too :)

sigma alarm's i have had 3 installed and never had any problems, due to my enthuasium for them, 8 mates have also had them fitted and none of those blokes have had problems also 8)

i also have a 2 week old sigma alarm for sale :)

Toad Ai606 - Tried and tested system really. Out of the box it will cover most of your needs.

In addition it is modular, so you can add on a a lot of functionality. In addition the controller has 4 keys so you can program in extra functions with upgrades.

Gotta be Clifford for me matey, had 4 now on various cars and no problems other than setting up the proximitry? sensor once and that was it.