Sign in to follow this  
g60elite

G60 stage4......oil problem

Hi guys im new here. Bought a g60 few weeks ago, had a leaking matrix fixed that, was told to keep an eye on the oil temp and not let it go over 130c, but it regularly goes over that temp, just had it serviced too.

What could be wrong??? please

Not that unusual to see those sort of figures from a G60, especially a Stage 4 charger. The real problem with the G60 is heat, the maximum inlet air temperature the standard intercooler can cope with is 55 degrees C. When you consider that the charger is lubricated by oil from the engine, which heats the charger casing inturn increasing the temperature of the charge air, resulting in hotter inlet air adding more heat to the engine it is a viscious cycle.

Problem is oil starts to break down and stop working at anything above 120 degrees, hence the advice you have been given. Be worth making sure your coolant system is working well, I would expect that your coolant temp is up around the 100 degree figure with those oil temps?

Best bet is to get and fit an oil cooler package with a proper intercooler, this will keep the temps down to a more sensible level.

Welcome to the forum, they do run very hot but you shouldn't see it as high as that reguarly...

What oil are you using? What mix of coolant? does the water temp sit at around 90 most of the time?

Need to check the water system thoroughly first, check the pump and stat are working as they should, water flows into the rad ok once warm and the the fan kicks in when it should do etc...

Cheers. Ive been told to get an intercooler, will that help. Also last night i noticed i went home for around 2hours came back to the car started it and switched the heating on cz it was cold and it started blowing warm air straight away, the engine does stay very warm, and cz the exhaust is so loud i can never hear the fan kick in?? Btw did have it serviced friday but the mechanic just put standard cheap oil, even though i did specifically ask for something upgraded, but he said it was 10w and it does the job? :shrug:

OK every1, im a step closer to solving this oil temp problem. I noticed it only gets high when i switch the headlights on? Any solutions??

Thanks in advance