Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

Raptor v2 RM helicopter

I'm pissed trying to finish off mates remotoe control helicopter! :lol:

Do I need to tourc up the bolts actaching the motor (ethanol burner, no OIL!!!) corectly?

come on Henny thought u may know this one! :lol:

I'm pissed trying to finish off mates remotoe control helicopter! :lol:

Do I need to tourc up the bolts actaching the motor (ethanol burner, no OIL!!!) corectly?

come on Henny thought u may know this one! :lol:

Never done R/C helecopters, only cars... sorry... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Having just looked at the construction of that, it looks like it's a Methanol/nitromethane fueled, 2 stroke, ABC ported engine similar to those I used to use in my R/C car...

In which case, you don't need to torque the engine bolts up, but you WILL need to use some thread lock to make sure that the bolts don't shake loose! 20,000rpm engines tend to produce quite a bit of high freqency vibrations that can shake bolts loose! :shock:

CaiosG60 PWR

yeah its a 2stroker alright, what make of engine is going in it?

Like Henny says you wont need to tourque up the bolts as the engine should toqure it for you, However one recommendation, if the engine has a flywheel on the crank shaft, locate the hole in the side of the flywheel, insert an allen key to hold it firm and tighten the bolt that holds the flywheel to the crank as on some RC engines the flywheels tend to come loose when started for the first time. if its a recoil start then it may not have a fly wheel on the engine, but being a chopper it should have.

I used to race model powerboat until i moved to spain, i held the junior record for the fastest 7.5CC mono hull at 45mph with my first boat, then my last boat hit about 80 on an unoficial timing session.

The Oil BTW is in the fuel already. Depending on the engine make depends on the type of fuel. I think Dynaglo is the castor based one and duraglow is EDL if i remeber correctly. it will need running in being an ABC engine, they dont have rings and are a taypered pistion and liner set. make sure it runs on a high oil, rich mix for the first hour of engine running time.

oh yeah and if that is an OS engine make sure you do up the pinch bolt that hold on the Car and use some threadlock

I love RC models :lol:

I've never dared buy a Helicopter or plane though....too much to break in one go if you crash it!

I've got a HPI Savage and a Schumacher XTR-3e. The latter is flippin mental. Will p1ss on most real size cars 0 - 40, and it'll do 70mph given enough space, courtesy of it's 3 speed gearbox. Mad!

I'm contemplating an FG Marger 1/5 scale at the moment....2 stroke 23cc engine...mmm.

K

I'm contemplating an FG Marger 1/5 scale at the moment....2 stroke 23cc engine...mmm.

Woah, I thought that my 1/8 scale Kyosho Turbo Burns (turbo by name only!) was big!

3.5CC, 2.5BHP idle at 7000rpm redline at 22,500rpm! :shock: 0-60 was around 2.5 seconds with a top end of about 75mph... you could do zero to flat out and back down again in the distance between 3 lamposts! :D Carbon fibre disk brake, 4wd, 3 diffs (one LSD!) one gear (no reverse!), double wishbone suspension with height adjustable coilovers all around... Oh, and it's an off roader, so it'll do most of that across a rough field with little or no problems! 8)

I really need to put a new engine in it and get it running again... Guess where my habit of blowing car engines up started! :roll: :wink: :lol: I don't think it liked the 95%nitromethane mix fuel I was running it on too much! :twisted:

Get that sorted for the meeting on monday night. You can rip up the car park at the pub!!

Gavin

I'd love to, but it'll cost me about £200 to fix it and more time than I've got available... :? Watch out for it in the summer though, I'll be there with the Burns and we'll have a bit of a giggle! :wink: 8)

I really need to put a new engine in it and get it running again... Guess where my habit of blowing car engines up started! :roll: :wink: :lol: I don't think it liked the 95%nitromethane mix fuel I was running it on too much! :twisted:

95% I dont think the nitro was the problem, i think it was the lack of oil :lol: 5% oil :lol:

95% I dont think the nitro was the problem, i think it was the lack of oil :lol: 5% oil :lol:

Actually, 95% nitro, 2% methanol, 3% castor oil! :shock:

It also makes amazing BBQ lighter fluid! :wink: :lol:

Pour 0.5L on to the charcoal, leave for 30 seconds to soak into the coals, light a match and throw it in from as far away as possible... Wait for 5 minutes and it's ready to cook on.... 30 mins later, there's nothing left! 8) :lol:

It's funny that my friends don't let me light the BBQs anymore... :oops:

Anywho, Cai? Did you get the thing built and running in the end?

Woah, I thought that my 1/8 scale Kyosho Turbo Burns (turbo by name only!) was big!

Yeah you want to check out some of FG Modelsport's stuff! Very expensive kit though....and you can get big bore kits for the 23cc engine! It's has a litre tank (good for an hour!) and runs on petrol, proper spark plug and everything! You can also get disc brake kits (for each wheel!) etc etc....... just don't crash it as FG spares cost nearly as much as Corrado parts!

K

Yeah you want to check out some of FG Modelsport's stuff! Very expensive kit though....and you can get big bore kits for the 23cc engine! It's has a litre tank (good for an hour!) and runs on petrol, proper spark plug and everything! You can also get disc brake kits (for each wheel!) etc etc....... just don't crash it as FG spares cost nearly as much as Corrado parts!

K

those little 23cc engines also power your garden strimmer!! My dad has one is his big RC boat, its mental, its tuned to feck.