Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

Choosing the right alloys for my new car!

i think they look awesome..proper bargain too if they are as good a quality as the description makes out! let me know if you decide to go for them, would be very interested to see what they look like on the rado!

dotz are a decent wheel. not the best but average. you will have to make sure that you keep the clean or the lips will corrode. once they start they wont stop. you have to be careful for stone chips on the back wheels mainly because this tiny hole will let in water and corrode aswell. end of the day its not just dotz wheels that do it its all polished lip wheels. mine have done it and they cost nearly twice that!

as above really they look great as summer wheels but as soon as salt gets on the roads and the wheels get slightly damaged they will run away! they finish will go very quickly but if taken care of they will look fantastic, i like them :D

ok well et 32 17x8's will mean the wheel'll sit 15mm further out than a 17x7.5 et35 that i and alot of others are running on here. How low is it going to be and do you carry passengers in the rear?

It's got coilovers and is very low at the moment, when i bought it and got home i struggled to reverse it onto my drive.

I'm not planning on running it that low, and the only rear passengers would probably be my youngish children!

I have some 17*8s et 33 & my car is pretty low. TBH I do get a little rubbing when cornering hard & so on.....

I have a 40mm drop on my suspension with 17" x 8" RH Cups.

Not really low as some have but the only rub I get is once or twice on the rear drivers side. This is rub on the edge of the tyre wall and is very minor. The rear tyres are 215's where as the fronts have 205's, never had anything rub on the front.

I'm running approx 20mm adapters.

There are a few pics up of the car in the members gallery (not wheel detail).

I tried buying the wheels i wanted for my car today and nobody has any in stock and can't get any till the end of june! :(