Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

G60 Boost Hoses and Pipes

Anyone got a set of metal pipes to replace the standard hose/plastic pipe standard setup. I want to replace mine from my RSR to the cooler and then to the throttle body as one of my next mods. Hence me not buying the charger hoses in the CCGB samco Group buy.

I would love to see some pics and know what difference it make to the sound of the engine.

These are the ones i was thinking of fitting, maybe we could do a forum buy in a month or two.

[web]http://www.nsracing.com/vw/hiflo.htm[/web]

What year is your corrado?

i got a set. mines a 92. they dont fit later hose types where the last hose before the inlet is shorter. i fitted the charger to intercooler one butn even that isn't right for mine.

GazzaG60, Have you got an RSR outlet or standard Air box. Could you send some pics please mate.

These pipes only really fit the LHD C's so you shoud be ok Nigel.

I wish they did fit the RHD ones though... :(

Were is the difference??

Must be something to do with the brake master cylinder being on the other side on the LHD C. Im gonna have a look at the CD later and check the part numbers

I know that here in the usa we got different pipes on the 91-92 G60s and that is somebody wants to install metal pipes they need to get the 1990 rubber hoses to install the metal pipes from http://www.eurosportacc.com/load/?hiflo.htm if you have installed a shift wieght on you car from a VR6 Corrado or a vr6 passat the wieght will hit the pipes when shifted into 2,4 but it will not stop you from shifting into those gears. People have said that the pipes leak air around the CO pot and require 2 o-rings to be installed so that they are air tight.

the fit aint good. depending on where you mount the bracket on the cooler to TB you cannot select gears properly. I think that is due to the positioning of the hose and so the IC pipe is in the wrong place. the charger to IC pipe fits but its tight. the bracket is in the right place for the fan(where it bolts to) but the std screw isn't long enough.

G60ing- ours are the same. the hose for the intake you need is the rallye/golf early C hose. the later one is shorter with faily equal lengths and a 70ish degree bend. the early ones are longer and more curly. if that makes sense.

Will try n post a pic if i can. it will help sho the fit. depends if my dad has the digicam. he's in benidorm at the moment n i aint got one of my own

Oh I know about the 1991-1992 pipes on a LHD g60 corrado as I had to install one to make the shift wieght fit on 1990 G60s