Sign in to follow this  
corradog60stage4

I think my exhaust is too loud.

After getting the "a la moi" custom made exhaust on my corrado and firing her up a number of times now.

Eurosport ceramic race headers, two magnaflow stainless steel cannister resonators and sebring muffler connected with stainless mandrel bent piping.

I find that it is on the rather loud side while idling. So maybe need a catalytic convertor.

here is a short clip taken 2 .5 feet away.

MVI_3004.flv video by scirocco16v - Photobucket

here another video 5 feet away outside on the driveway. It somehow developed a boost leak. lol

MVI_3197.flv video by scirocco16v - Photobucket

doesnt sound so good does it

my g60 with a 2.5 sounds awefull too...im considering getting a vw system when i can afford it

I have found this company http://www.christullettexhausts.com/ and will be going in for a quote when my engine is finished (yes, i know) After being almost laughed at by another motorsport exhaust company I found Chris to be a really nice and helpful bloke, I hope he can squeeze as much power with as little noise as possible. I'll report back when I get the quote for the exhaust.

doesnt sound so good does it

my g60 with a 2.5 sounds awefull too...im considering getting a vw system when i can afford it

do you think swapping out the sebring muffler and putting a VW one would do anything?

I do not want raspberries to be popping out the back once i release the throttle.

fitting the whole vw system would make it sound respectable ...i havent heard many non genuine systems that sound subtle apart from supersprint

i assume the charger makes them hard to silence properly? :camp:

fitting the whole vw system would make it sound respectable ...i havent heard many non genuine systems that sound subtle apart from supersprint

i assume the charger makes them hard to silence properly? :camp:

would removing the pipe the recirculates the air to the charger make it louder?

I noticed a louder whooshing sound when you release the throttle.

removing that pipe makes lots of wooshing noises in the engine bay

do you run the original air box or a cone filter ?

i dont think it sounds too bad but thats just my 10pence worth,

if my valver system fits a g60 i will swap someone who thinks theres is too loud, its only 6month old :D

removing that pipe makes lots of wooshing noises in the engine bay

do you run the original air box or a cone filter ?

i have a cone filter.

should i connect a longer hose or pipe to the bottom of the tb to make it vent lower to the floor of the chassis?

i think the whoosh would not be much in the engine compartment this way?

yeah some folk do that , the cone filter will make alot of noise too

tbh mines running the stock boost return and airbox , i cant handle any more noise

sounds ok to me due to mine sounds roughy the same but mine is a G60 with out cat and straight though supersprint

sounds ok to me due to mine sounds roughy the same but mine is a G60 with out cat and straight though supersprint

I got two magnaflow resonators on top of your setup on my G60 so shouldn't it be less? :shrug: unless the resonators do nothing?

sounds pretty loud to me too. in my experience g's always sound pretty loud when you stand right behind the exhaust and even more so when the engine is warm.

i have a 2.5" which is pretty much straight through. no cat, one middle box and one back box and its quiter than yours, still not exactly quiet though. it also spits flames out on over run which keeps the inner child in me happy at night time :lol: .

i would suggest the size of the tail pipe really isnt helping matters. if you are capable of home made then id go with shrinking the size of it. never ran a cat on mine so couldnt tell you if it makes it any quiter.

sounds pretty loud to me too. in my experience g's always sound pretty loud when you stand right behind the exhaust and even more so when the engine is warm.

i have a 2.5" which is pretty much straight through. no cat, one middle box and one back box and its quiter than yours, still not exactly quiet though. it also spits flames out on over run which keeps the inner child in me happy at night time :lol: .

i would suggest the size of the tail pipe really isnt helping matters. if you are capable of home made then id go with shrinking the size of it. never ran a cat on mine so couldnt tell you if it makes it any quiter.

I was thinking of replacing this elbow at the rear where the pipe is go over the rear trailing arm with an universal cat. In theory for a cat to work optimally it needs to be as close to the front where the exhaust is hottest, but in my case i need the cat for noise reduction to putting it in the rear would not be a problem. what do you think?

ry%3D320

if youre confident of the results then go for it. like i said i have no idea how much a cat would reduce the noise by.

not sure how development has come along on active mufflers, but they sound pretty good in theory.

what do you have at the front end? poss fitting a front silencer like the early g60's had would do the trick.

i still think the back box may be the part to change though, looks a bit like a jap one from the pics and they always make alot of noise.

if youre confident of the results then go for it. like i said i have no idea how much a cat would reduce the noise by.

not sure how development has come along on active mufflers, but they sound pretty good in theory.

what do you have at the front end? poss fitting a front silencer like the early g60's had would do the trick.

i still think the back box may be the part to change though, looks a bit like a jap one from the pics and they always make alot of noise.

here is the details of my DIY exhaust a la maison, shows you what i got from front to back.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60567&start=0

hmmm lots more silencing than mine,

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf01062010255.jpg[/attachment:16hr7bpd]

01062010256.jpg[/attachment:16hr7bpd]

then just runs to back box. guess you have to have a go with a cat then and hope it works. best of luck to you.

hmmm lots more silencing than mine,

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf01062010255.jpg[/attachment:15avtkb3]

01062010256.jpg[/attachment:15avtkb3]

then just runs to back box. guess you have to have a go with a cat then and hope it works. best of luck to you.

is that the only muffler you have where the suitcase used to be? yes you got straight pipes all the way through, I really not know why even with dual resonators down the middle plus the supersprint muffler can be that loud, what is your idling speed?

750rpm for idle. yep just that, and the backbox is the same size as the muffler in the middle. runs a 4 branch too so that doesnt hold any noise back.

dont get me wrong its not exactly quiet when youre around 5k upwards but its more than reasonable when youre in the car.

the only thing which worries me is the words sports mufflers, sounds like a compromise has been made, but still should be better than mine lol.