Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

Detailed dimensions for Corrado chassis

Hi team,

does anyone know where I can find detailed geometric dimensions for the front end of the corrado? Minimum I need (looking straight on at front of car):

Track width (from centre contact patch to centre contact patch NOT rack length or distance between hubs!),

vertical distance from floor/tyre contact patch to lower wishbone,

vertical distance from floor/tyre contact patch to damper bolt holes on hub (can get these from a detailed schematic of hub otherwise using above),

full length of damper unit (mounted NOT free length),

angle at which the damper is offset from vertical in standard setup,

angle between top mounts (centre of top mounts ideally)

some of that can be extrapolated using maths, but if anyone has any digital schematics I would really appreciate them!

Cheers,

Jon.

Ahh if only you had asked this a couple of months ago I could have measured and modeled the whole lot up for you monkey as I had all the bits off my car. Still, if you take a wishbone measurement you have got enough to get your roll centre, but i'd go a little further and measure up the rack , and uprights etc, so you can then find out the caster, KPI, KPO, bump steer etc etc and see if there are any ways to improve various parameters. Be interested to see how you get on!

good plans Kip :D I have (three) spare uprights kicking about, so I'm thinking lie them on faces and measure up to damper and WB pickup points and then between them vertically. Add a little maths magic, and boom! instant KPI :lol:

just a teensy bit more help required now!

Anyone know wheel width? That's the J number on a wheel isn't it? I might go check my sebrings - see if I can find it.

Also centre point of front suspension top mounts from floor level. My C is still on a slant so I can't measure this accurately.

Any help greatly appreciated. I will share with you all my calculations soon enough!

Also centre point of front suspension top mounts from floor level. My C is still on a slant so I can't measure this accurately.

If my maths is strong, I reckon this should be a vertical distance of approximately 710mm (71cm).