Sign in to follow this  
hayesVR6

R32 brakes, will they fit?

yeah they fit behind some 17's, been meaning to mock mine up for a while but not got round to it - worth noting though that from mk4 to mk5 r32's disc Diameter increases by 10mm ish so i'd imagine the calliper sits further out.

Will be sorting this out at the weekend on my BBS RC's so will look to post pics up, just concerned about the distance between the front of the calliper and the back of the spokes, different wheels will allow it

mk1 TT 6 spoke 17" wheels fit, but thats all i know of atm

Thanks for that. Lots getting done this weekend including the MK4 R32's with steel hoses so will let you know how the upfit went and how it stops.If all goes well it will be nice to actually stop exactly where i was planning to for a change...

Thanks for that. Lots getting done this weekend including the MK4 R32's with steel hoses so will let you know how the upfit went and how it stops.If all goes well it will be nice to actually stop exactly where i was planning to for a change...

they stop a heavy r32 v v well so the corrado'll be transformed 8)

Would be interested to see if they do fit behind RC's, they didn't fit behind my old RX's. (17") :(

Would be interested to see if they do fit behind RC's, they didn't fit behind my old RX's. (17") :(

i think some spacers will be needed but only small ones, if thats the case i dont think it'd be a problem!

It was the diameter that was too big, they hit the wheel weights, so unless I had weights on the outside of the rim then I couldn't use them :(

Its worth pointing out that the R32 brakes are really heavy. They'll slow you down alright - if they'll fit behind your 17in wheels (of course, R32s use 18in wheels) - but you really do increase your unsprung weight by fitting such heavy calipers and discs. If you can stretch to a Brembo set up, which occasionally come up second hand (off a Leon Cupra R ideally), then you'll dramatically improve braking but without any great weight penalty over a 288mm set up.

HTH