Sign in to follow this  
meiro75

Newbie ABS advice

Hi. Looking at getting my first corrado at the mo. Been to see a 2.0 16v K reg with 83k.

If I felt the pulse from the brake pedal but didn't see any warning light light up when the ignition was first turned on. Is this a major prob? Don't want to be buying a nail

I remembered to put my foot on the brake pedal when turning the ignition. Forgot to see, or didn't notice cause it wasn't there, the warning light going off if it even lit up to start with.

Your help is appreciated

Meiro

Hi mate, sounds like the light might have been unplugged due to it staying on, it might be worth removing it to see if its plugged in? It will pop out easily if you prize it out with a screwdriver or something.

just to add to that for the newbs, some folk commonly disconnectthe ABS light because they get narked with it being on and cannot be bothered to find the fault. Oh yes, finding the fault can be a common problem on the Corrado for the ABS, but a plug into the VAGcom often finds the suspect. Failing that, you can come on here and search, there are many threads with people giving idea of how to fault find.

Happy hunting !!