Sign in to follow this  
wallpaper_01

VR6 water problem

Came to my car today and started it up and the water light was flashing so i checked the tank and sure enough there was not a drop of water in it, which i thought was strange as id filled it up the week before.

Then i topped it up and went out. Then the light came on again about 30min after driving so i got out assuming that it would all be gone again but it was full...!? I looked underneath and it looked like there might be a slight leak, but does the light come on if there is a leak or just if its empty.

Any help would be great cheers

Dan

The light comes on after the expansion tank becomes empty, but if this happens after you've filled it up, by definition you have a leak. Have you any idea where it's leaking from?

Or a leak and then an air lock.. It's quite likely that you'll not be able to fill it properly from the expansion tank so often there's air bubbles that work their way around during a short drive.

Cheers, found out it was the thermostat housing one of the o rings had broke and someone had done a bodge job and spayed something on it to seal it, fixed now anyway! :D